bunkerratt's Avatar Senior Member
    just thought i would post it .. just noticed i forgot the R in harbor...on the header ..

bunkerratt's Avatar Senior Member
    just thought i would post it .. just noticed i forgot the R in harbor...on the header ..

Hi
    To all the Survivors and the Familyâ´s of those u die I give you my profund affection,
    may all rest in peace and they will never be forgottem .
    http://plasma.nationalgeographic.com/pearlharbor/
    I would love to go and pay my respect on the Arizonaâ´s memorial but its to far for me as I live in portugal but maybe I will go there some day.

Also my regards to all who died and survived, Americans and Japanese alike. After all, most of these men who attacked Pearl Harbor on that morning were just following orders.

Since most of the folks here are history buffs, I recommend the movie Tora! Tora! Tora!. It was made in 1970 and remains the definitive cinematic treatment of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. All of the events and characters are historically accurate based upon the state of knowledge at the time the movie was made. I generally watch it every year on 7 December.

The_Silent_O's Avatar Senior Member
    Post Capitalistic Apartment, Northern Virginia with FW 190A-5 Hanger
    In retropect to recent events, at least the Japanese were targeting military targets, albeit they messed up the diplomacy enroute to the war. Thus, it will always be known as a sinister pre-emptive strike.

That's not to excuse though, the multitude of atrocities that Imperial Japan inflicted upon South East Asia throughout the 30s and 40s. The more you read, the more horrible it gets.

But, I've got to hand it to Japanese Americans who put up with much persecution here in the USA while trying to prove their loyalties...

I highly recommend the movie "TORA, TORA, TORA" on a day like this.

The movie was groundbreaking because it was co-produced by both Japanese and American movie companies (and you can tell, if you are into the classic Japanese movies) and showed both sides of the buildup to the conflict. The beginning scene with the IJN sailors at attention to welcome Yamamoto on-board is still one of the most impressive scenes ever cut. And the music at that scene only adds to the martial beauty. The IJN at its apex.

But avoid AT ALL COSTS the modern movie "Pearl Harbor" with Benny Affleck, I was physically sick after seeing that movie,...such a disservice...

The_Silent_O's Avatar Senior Member
    Post Capitalistic Apartment, Northern Virginia with FW 190A-5 Hanger
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paulhager:
    Since most of the folks here are history buffs, I recommend the movie Tora! Tora! Tora!. It was made in 1970 and remains the definitive cinematic treatment of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. All of the events and characters are historically accurate based upon the state of knowledge at the time the movie was made. I generally watch it every year on 7 December. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man...do we think alike or WHAT!? I like it better than "Patton"...although the music in "Patton" is still one of the best soundtracks out there...

similtaneous post...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Silent_O:
    But avoid AT ALL COSTS the modern movie "Pearl Harbor" with Benny Affleck, I was physically sick after seeing that movie,...such a disservice... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi
    The only part that was ok was the atack it self it was well done that is what I think it was like we are in there 64 years ago and the rest of the film I did not like put a romance in war time,and dont see "Tora Tora Tora" for some years but is a very good film its a classic today they dont make films like on the old days

I have to say i like both movies: "Tora! Tora! Tora!" and "Pearl Harbor". All you have to do is to diffentiate:

Tora! Tora! Tora! is movie about history.

Pearl Harbor is a piece of corny but (for me) entertaining fiction in front of a historical backdrop. Picture "Indiana Jones" or "Rocketeer" and you'll get the idea.

I like both movies very much for what they are and i don't mind if a movie takes some liberties in order to entertain, as long as i make sure i know the facts and don't start to believe what they feed me in a pop corn flick like Pearl Harbor. I mean... Pearl Harbor is from Michael Bay, the director of Bad Boys, Armageddon, The Rock... we all knew what to expect and what not to expect, didn't we? Seriously!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►