With my new 6800GT My Tracking IrPro3
    and my Hi end Sytem prettie much.I dont even get hardly no stutters at all!The card I got for Christmas is amazing!I`m running on Perfect setting and have about 70 planes in each mission
    it hardly slows down in combat now!Dont get me wrong around big cites it drops off but not like it did!Get low teens and upper twenties but on average 50fps guy`s if you can afford a high end system get it you dont know what your missing in this Sim!This Game ROCKS!!!!

Sigh, Champagne tastes but just a beer budget.

Congrats on the present.

S! and congrats. What kind of card did you get?

have fun with it - can imagine that you get out much more from the sim.

Have to wait a another two or three months until I can afford a new machine - but anticipation is the best joy.

WildeSau

I wish i had that card

I need to upgrade my PC too..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lipp98:
    With my new 6800GT My Tracking IrPro3
    and my Hi end Sytem prettie much.I dont even get hardly no stutters at all!The card I got for Christmas is amazing!I`m running on Perfect setting and have about 70 planes in each mission
    it hardly slows down in combat now!Dont get me wrong around big cites it drops off but not like it did!Get low teens and upper twenties but on average 50fps guy`s if you can afford a high end system get it you dont know what your missing in this Sim!This Game ROCKS!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My system is: 6800GT as yours, my rams:2G, P4 3.0G. However, when I got IL2-PF and merged it into IL2FB+AEP, it always stuttered and did not meet my anticipation when changing graphic card to 6800GT from FX5900, Can someone tells me why? and I want to know your settings about conf. ini in trees and water. Thanks.

update your 6800 with new drivers or the same old ones again. somtimes that fixes any problems

Chivas's Avatar Senior Member
    I get the best frame rates with these settings with the 6800GT
    1024x768
    AA 2XQ
    AF OFF
    Image settings QUALITY
    Vertical sync OFF

With a good processor you should be able to use Perfect settings with Water-3 and Forests-3 and maintain very high fps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aladarhsu:
    My system is: 6800GT as yours, my rams:2G, P4 3.0G. However, when I got IL2-PF and merged it into IL2FB+AEP, it always stuttered and did not meet my anticipation when changing graphic card to 6800GT from FX5900, Can someone tells me why? and I want to know your settings about conf. ini in trees and water. Thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm...good question. I also upgraded from the FX5900 to the 6800GT and was very pleased. By all means check your drivers...I'm using the 66.93 WHQL. I do know that the original 61.77 drivers that came "stock" with the card are NOT recommended for this game (per Oleg himself in the ReadMe). Maybe that's your problem.

As for settings, I've got everything pretty much maxed out:

PERFECT terrain graphics
    EXCELLENT all other graphics
    Forest = 3
    Water = 3
    3dgunners = 1
    Anti-Aliasing @ 4x
    Anisotropic Filtering OFF
    V-Synch OFF
    High Quality imaging
    1024x768x32 resolution @ 85Hz (max for my low-end monitor, I'm afraid!)

With these settings, I average 32 FPS in the "Kamikaze" track.

P.S. My signature below is a bit misleading here...I'm still operating on only 1.024 Gig of Mushkin RAM. My 2.0 Gig sticks are on order.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LWulffe_Dumbo:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aladarhsu:
    My system is: 6800GT as yours, my rams:2G, P4 3.0G. However, when I got IL2-PF and merged it into IL2FB+AEP, it always stuttered and did not meet my anticipation when changing graphic card to 6800GT from FX5900, Can someone tells me why? and I want to know your settings about conf. ini in trees and water. Thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm...good question. I also upgraded from the FX5900 to the 6800GT and was very pleased. By all means check your drivers...I'm using the 66.93 WHQL. I do know that the original 61.77 drivers that came "stock" with the card are NOT recommended for this game (per Oleg himself in the ReadMe). Maybe that's your problem.

As for settings, I've got everything pretty much maxed out:

PERFECT terrain graphics
    EXCELLENT all other graphics
    Forest = 3
    Water = 3
    3dgunners = 1
    Anti-Aliasing @ 4x
    Anisotropic Filtering OFF
    V-Synch OFF
    High Quality imaging
    1024x768x32 resolution @ 85Hz (max for my low-end monitor, I'm afraid!)

With these settings, I average 32 FPS in the "Kamikaze" track.

P.S. My signature below is a bit misleading here...I'm still operating on only 1.024 Gig of Mushkin RAM. My 2.0 Gig sticks are on order. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your kind answer, Besides, I wants to know about the video setting of your system in IL2 game; Set graphic card to 6800 or custom mode with detailed adjustment? My Nvidia driver version is 70.xx, not 69.xx, do you think 69.xx is the best driver for IL2 game series? I thinks the FPS values are more high in IL2FB+AEP than those of IL2FB+AEP+PF, What are your comments about these issues?