Do we have any information about Altair's up bringing?

Do we have any information about Altair's up bringing?

An_Idea's Avatar Senior Member
    not that i know of, but he lived in a very militaristic society, so im guessing he was born a soldier for the future, his dad was most likely either an assassin, or he was drafted/joined the assassins militia

Al Mualim did say "For now you are to become a student...as you were on the first day you joined our order." I'm guessing, if Alamut is any indication, that he was sent there as a child by his parents.

The only thing that is know about Altair's childhood is that he never felt close to his parents and that Al Mualim took him under his wing - that's what he said in one of the Codex Pages...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From Assassin's Creed Wiki:
    Altaïr was born to Assassin parents[2], a Christian mother and a Muslim father[1]. During his childhood, he was trained and raised by Al Mualim, and quickly rose among his brethren in skill, gaining status with his teacher and eventually becoming a Master Assassin and Instructor[1]. Because of the rules of the Order, as well as his constant training, his parents never showed much love toward Altaïr, though he felt that they suppressed their true feelings. When they finally died, their son felt no real grief; their deaths were to him "like the passing of two strangers". Altaïr comments in later life that Al Mualim felt more like a father to him than his real parents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Alta%C3%AFr

ChaosxNetwork's Avatar Senior Member
    Some of the codex say about his upbringing (My brother is using my AC2 so I can't check) so if you have time give them a quick read.

Altair said his parents were basically strangers to him. Al Mualim acted like a father to Altair.

notafanboy's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GariStz:
    The only thing that is know about Altair's childhood is that he never felt close to his parents and that Al Mualim took him under his wing - that's what he said in one of the Codex Pages... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>funny how you said "wing"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GariStz:
    The only thing that is know about Altair's childhood is that he never felt close to his parents and that Al Mualim took him under his wing - that's what he said in one of the Codex Pages... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>funny how you said "wing" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, took me a few seconds to get what you meant