jessi1's Avatar Banned
    Does it make a difference in the feeling of flying, such as can you feel when your about to stall,or feel when your pulling to hard to turn. How bout the feeling of the guns do they feel good to you. Was wondering how much (good or bad) the differences are. could you who use them post the brand and what you feel about forcefeedback. Also does it make a difference when flying different planes fw190, p-51 etc thanks

jessi1's Avatar Banned
    Does it make a difference in the feeling of flying, such as can you feel when your about to stall,or feel when your pulling to hard to turn. How bout the feeling of the guns do they feel good to you. Was wondering how much (good or bad) the differences are. could you who use them post the brand and what you feel about forcefeedback. Also does it make a difference when flying different planes fw190, p-51 etc thanks

Yes

yes

yes

Turned the gun affect off mostly. It really sours the aim.

and I beleive yes

Mine is aniquated. Microsoft Force Feedback.

It does make a difference in the signals. Not sure if they reall help though. It's more of an immerion thing actually. Although I'm told real flight is not felt in the stick, as much as it is in your seat.

jessi1's Avatar Banned
    Toad is there a way to turn off just guns in the confini files or is that only in your stick.

I'm flying with a Saitek Evo Force and I love the FF FX. Hurtling down the runway and the stick shakes. Lift off and there will be mild to strong vibration until you raise the gear and flaps. You will also experience vibration in a dive. If you are going fast enough to cause structural damage, you will know about it. If you lose part of a control surface the stick judders!
    It is indeed a good indicator of when you are approaching a stall and so you know to ease off the stick.
    I have my FF FX set at 60%. Anymore than that and the stick jumps off the table! MG fire at 60% is enough to keep your aim true but still allow a little recoil.
    It's also a nice effect when you take hits off the enemy. Anything from a mild judder to a BIG JUDDER!

Well I thought it was on this page

http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/utilities.htm

But I can't find it. There is a program fedit.exe, to edit your FFB files. Blade and AFJ Mantis have some files over there some where, Plus the fedit.exe utility.

So I looked here
    http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm
    Scroll down there is a place about the MFFB stick. But no link to those Files or Utility to adjust them.

I know it's there some where, Maybe One of Web admins over there will see this and lead the
    way.

You can always go into your Forcefeedback folder in the game, and just back up the original files and delete the Files you don't want, like

machinegun.ffe
    autocannon.ffe
    Bla Bla

till you get what ya wan't.

Even if you delete them they won't completly go away but it softens them up quite a bit.

If you just can't find them PT me and I can email them too you.

I've a Saitek Cyborg 3D Force.

Got it for 5 dollars. Open box + employee discount, couldn't pass it up.

blakduk's Avatar Senior Member
    ForceFeedback sticks make a big difference to flying the simulator. It allows for a much better intuition re stalls especially.
    As far as the sensation of the stick rocking when using cannon, great for immersion but a bugger for aiming

It's very very good for immersion but not indispensable like TrackIR or rudder pedals.
    In addition, MS FFB2 has real forcefeedback feature that its tension varies with speed. Higher the speed, stiffer the tension, vice versa.
    IIRC, Saitek provides vibration only, not tension.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TooCooL34:
    ...MS FFB2 has real forcefeedback feature that its tension varies with speed. Higher the speed, stiffer the tension, vice versa.
    IIRC, Saitek provides vibration only, not tension. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is not true for the Saitek Evo Force TooCool34. A friend of mine has the Saitek Cyborg 3D Force and I know his stick does not have tension in relation to speed but the Evo Force does. For example, if you're parked on the runway motionless, the stick is loose and will not centre. Move the stick it to a position and it will stay there until you manually move it or centre it. However, as soon as you are gaining speed for take-off the stick will start to centre. Once airborne the stick becomes harder to move depending on speed.
    I have my overall FFB gain set to 60%. At 100% the stick gets a bit tricky to move at high speed because of the high tension! Knowing the effect of tension in relation to speed I wouldn't get a FFB stick unless it had this feature...

DBM