Balletgrl's Avatar Senior Member
    Hey hey hey hey hey hey! XD

So!

I've seen plenty of peoples on the Creative Corner that are writing stories... and I just WISH I could know how to write as awesome as the rest of you do! SO! I made this so that all of yah writers out there could post your own tips and tricks on writing, as well as READ tips and tricks on writing!
    Writing is really fun, and totally reaches out to many peoples and helps them express themselves with words! Whether it be in any language, writing inspires all in MANY ways!

So! I'll start off... and these are just a little bit!!

[LIST]
    <LI> Find your own way to write!
    Writing can be in so many ways! Whether it be stories, poems, or full out books! But there are also other ways to find out how to put your words from your mind onto paper (Or a screen!)
    Whether its using a pencil, pen, or typing it out on a computer (Remember to save!), find the way that's more comfortable to YOU!

<LI> Sort out your ideas!
    There are many different ways to write, and many times... I don't follow this rule! But have you ever read a book that just doesn't sound right? The auther could have just rushed through the chapter to get to the next. Whenever many readers see this, they tend to close the book and shove it back onto the book case. So! While this is not always the case, having an ideafor what is going to happen now or next, always have a plot figured out in your mind. It helps stay organized and keeps things clean for when the reader actually reads it! It also helps YOU establish what you want the places to feel like and the way you want your characters to act or fell like to the reader! It really helps! While I LOVE to let my emotions spill out, I also have ideas in my head on the way I want things to happen and turn out.

<LI> Don't Plagerize!
    Now! This is a very serious topic. While I often get jealous over ALL the books that I read... I can't copy any of the sentences. NOT saying that anyone on here does, but it isn't right to copy off a sentence and credit it as your own. This also includes others stories on here! If you ask the person... then it just may be okay, but the right thing to do is credit them aswell... and I SOOO know you guys are good with this anyway! I haven't seen much plagerism... so good job! YAYZ!!

<LI> Increase your Vocab!
    Reading really helps with this! If you increase your understanding of words, you can put them in your writing! When you read, you can use context clues to find out what a word that you don't know means! I read ALLLL the time, and I have learned tons of words! It really does help! I know that some people may not like to read, but if you wanna write... it really does guide you along! This also can prevent plagerism and repition! (Saying the same word over, and over, and over, and over, and over...)

<LI> Find YOUR Writer's Voice!
    I can't stress HOW important this is!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every writer has a special way that they write in... they just may not have totally dug it up out of their heart and soul! (That is, after all, where writing comes from! ) When you find your writer's voice, and its become clear to you, it REALLY improves the way you write! It seriously helps out! Reading can clear this up very thoroughly! I've noticed when I read another person's way of writing, it has helped me know the way I want to write! REading older books helps a LOT too. I have just recently read an older story (TWO actually) in class, and they have REALLY inspired me!

<LI> Be Grammatically Correct!
    Misspellings, punctuation errors, and grammmar errors tick me off! I can't read stories that are like that... but its just me! It just helps the reader figure out what you mean when you write... and it isn't THAT much work to reach your pinky over and hit the 'Backspace' button!

<LI> WRITER'S BLOCK!
    One of the worst sickeness to all Writer Kind! I recently caught the 'Writer's Block Bug' and it was TERRIBLE! Not only does it dissapoint readers... it can also dissapoint you! It can feel like there is just no way to write what you wanna say! Its terrible! But there is a way! Get ideas from your friends! My friends TOTALLY helped me get through my rough patch! Also, Re-read what you previously wrote! It can jog your memory and help you remember what you wanted to say and how you wanted to say it!

And last but NOT least...
    <LI> READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ READ READ READ READ READ AND READ!!!!!!!!!!!

This helps in so many ways I can't even count...
    Reading authors that inspire you to be like them or NOT like them is so good! Its great to find that certain writer(s) that helps you and inspires you to write more and more and MORE! I know plenty of writers that inspire me, but the numbers can be unlimited to the people that make you wanna write!

Writing is such a great passtime... and my head would explode if there weren't so many amazing stories out there!!

Continue writing everyone, and I hope you like this thread! Please post your Tips and Tricks to writing!

I would weally love to read them!

YAY!! I LOVE THIS THREAD!! I PUT IT ONTO MY FAVORITES!!

I IT!!

Okay, soo, um.. Anyway, MY TIPS!!

•Always find what YOU think is interesting!
    **If you don't like your OWN writing, there's a chance it's not gonna be that good! Re-read it! (Like Dani says) and if you don't feel it's right to you, change it! It's what you feel! You'll be proud inside if you think that's a work of art! AND IT IS!!

•Think up spontaneous ideas!
    *If you use the same thing over again, readers are most likely to quit reading! Think some creative ideas! (exp., a parrot you don't know talks back and you get freaked out, LOLZ!) Dig deep into that colorful brain and get somethin' new!

That's all for now, but I'll add more!

I just thought of a new tip!
    Okay.. Before it blows away.. THAT RHYMED! Anyway, here!

Expect the Unexpected!
    Readers always expect a good consequence! Sometimes your lead character has to have something bad happen to them! Don't be afraid to put your idea on!

DramaMama17's Avatar Senior Member
    My character Micki(me) was thrown into the lions' den after being falsly accused of breaking a rule. Does that count as "Expect the Unexpected"?

I think it does!

skylight22's Avatar Senior Member
    Oh my gosh! This is an awesome thread!
    Misspelling, grammar, punctuation... These are all SUPAH DUPAH IMPORTANT. If I read a story without that stuff... It's kinda annoying to me. Scratch that... REALLY annoying.
    And for the first one... Lemony Snicket did that to a WAY TOO BIG extent. He had his own writing style, but it turned out to be so different from everyone else's that it was annoying. So don't do that. :P Bad Lemony Snicket.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    Use a pen name!
    If you don't want to use your real/Imagine Town name, use a pen name! A lot of famous authors did this, including J.K. Rowling, Lemony Snicket, Mark Twain, L. Frank Baum, E.B. White, and way more used pen names. Make up your own![/list]

I've made up my own that I want to use if I ever publish a book. My first one will be in my name, but others will be in my pen name, HOWEVER! I will put my first and last name SOMEWHERE in every one of my stories (NOT the ones on here. XD PRIVACY!) so that readers know who I am.

I don't wanna put my Pen Name until a mod or something lets me. It isn't my real name. It truly is 100% fake, but the mods might not want me to... soz... XD

Glad you guys like this thread!

My tips!

<LI>READ!
    reading will help your grammer, punctuation, and increase your vocab!

<LI> uhh ... thats all i have.

UbiDarla's Avatar Game Master
    I love this thread Dani! Do you mind if I feature it in Creative Corner so the most writers and readers will see it?

skylight22's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by bubblemint9:
    My tips!

<LI>READ!
    reading will help your grammer, punctuation, and increase your vocab!

<LI> uhh ... thats all i have.
    LOLZO Delzo!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►