DeafAtheist's Avatar Senior Member
    I got an email stating that Brotherhood was available for pre-order from Gamestop today with the Jester multiplayer character as a pre-order bonus. It's a full price game ($60) so it appears to be more than just an extension of AC2... a full price generally means a full game, doesn't it?

But then a full game these days seems to tend to be a single player campaign that can be completed in less than 20 hours.

I got an email stating that Brotherhood was available for pre-order from Gamestop today with the Jester multiplayer character as a pre-order bonus. It's a full price game ($60) so it appears to be more than just an extension of AC2... a full price generally means a full game, doesn't it?

But then a full game these days seems to tend to be a single player campaign that can be completed in less than 20 hours.

it is a full game, but it's not a continuation of the main story line.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
    it is a full game, but it's not a continuation of the main story line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't think it was... but that was the impression I got from other people considering how soon after AC2 that it's scheduled to be released.

Ubi has said it will be a continuation of Ezio's story line (just like bloodlines continued Altiars story) but it wont continue the main story (Desmond/2012)

so while it is a full game it is basically AC2.5 it's not AC3, but a lot of people see a new AC game and instantly think it is AC3 without looking up the info on it.

but as for the space of time between AC2 and this, the production time would be quite low, as they need to make the new map (Rome) but the majority of the graphics engine and gameplay engine will be done already as they will use the exact same one from AC2, so basically with this it is just making the new map, new missions and multiplayer, the vast majority of the back end will already be done as they will use what was done for AC2.

If it's not continuing Desmond's story then who is going to be in the Animus? Another ancestor?

the animus wont be involved like it wasn't involved in bloodlines. it will purely be Ezio in Italy, nothing from 2012 will come into the game.

you will directly be playing Ezio, to follow on his story line past what happened in Italy in AC2, like in bloodlines it showed you what Altiar did straight after AC1, but Desmond and the animus were totally ignored as it was meant as nothing more than giving people more info on that ancestor.

the Desmond story line will pick up in AC3 and will follow a new person and finish off the main 2012 end of the world story.

the new game is a off shoot from the main line and not a continuation of it, while it will flesh out Ezio's story you wont need to play it to know the story in AC3, as AC3 will follow on with Desmond were AC2 left off and going to a new ancestor or doing stuff in 2012, depending what way they go with it.

I read somewhere that the voice actor for Desmond was hired a while back for a new AC game and thus Brotherhood was announced. So dont be so quick to rule out desmond and the animus for we are not entirely sure yet

I supose its becoming more like Call Of Duty. Mostly making no sense.

Call Of Duty 4
    Call of Duty WaW
    Call of Duty 4 2

&gt;,&gt;

Still can't wait, even if it isn't an extension.