Did it take part in any of ww2 mission?
    If not it has to go in the Bf-109Z closet ... no?
    If yes wich mission ? wich fight ?

If the plane never flew in a mission with prouf the plane will have to be removed from Historical servers .

What is your opinion?
    Thx

Did it take part in any of ww2 mission?
    If not it has to go in the Bf-109Z closet ... no?
    If yes wich mission ? wich fight ?

If the plane never flew in a mission with prouf the plane will have to be removed from Historical servers .

What is your opinion?
    Thx

msalama's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is your opinion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By all means. Still an incredibly cool plane though

It pulled a 1972 5000m Lasse Viren on Clostermann, fo sho.

I think thats something us runners will only understand

My opinon? Be careful what you ask for.

It's from Wikipedia, but presumably the original account is in the book:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In his book The Big Show, French ace Pierre Clostermann claims the first Allied combat encounter with a Pfeil in April 1945. Leading a flight of four Hawker Tempests from No. 3 Squadron RAF over northern Germany, he intercepted by chance a lone Do 335 flying at maximum speed at treetop level. Detecting the British aircraft, the German pilot reversed course to evade. In spite of the Tempest's considerable speed (equal to a P-51 Mustang's), the RAF fighters were not able to catch up or even get into firing position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose an argument could be made that no shots were fired, but the plane did fly. It did come into contact with three Tempests. And the pilot did what just about any other pilot would have done in those circumstances €" ran for it.

Unknown-Pilot's Avatar Banned
    My opinion? People who desperately seek to ban a plane just because it didn't score any kills, suck. Big time.

Even more so when they don't bother to include the Yak3P, Bi-1, MiG3U (or whichever one had 6 total built), and YP-80 in their little book of hate.

Your bias and lack of imagination are showing.

We need as many weird and unusual planes as possible. And the less likely to be picked up by another sim, the better. We need an F7F, F8F (&lt;- most especially), Yak15, Japanese versions of the 262 and 163 (former was smaller and more agile and the latter was larger and longer lasting), and anything else rare, wild and cool like that.

msalama's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...and anything else rare, wild and cool like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More c**p planes as well, and as many weirdos and oddballs as possible...

RE: Desperately seeking a ban.

I thought it was a completely fair question. Valid issue.

Pilots of the Norwegian squadrons (RAF 331 and 332) saw one presumably flying an ops-mission. It raced away at treetop level. The Norwegians in their Spit IX's coudl not catch it.

It's fast, but it isn't much of a turner. I see no reason it should be banned from servers.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last ►►