Can anyone verify if this issue was resolved in 4.02m released?

Not whining--just curious if anyone knew (I'm at work ).

* _54th_Speeder *

One asks, many answer, all learn.
    --Plato - on the 'Forum'

Can anyone verify if this issue was resolved in 4.02m released?

Not whining--just curious if anyone knew (I'm at work ).

* _54th_Speeder *

One asks, many answer, all learn.
    --Plato - on the 'Forum'

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    The new P47 thing appears to be unsynced. I didnt do any real testing. I did noticed that it'll knock the nose off a FW at 500 meters.

I dont recomend head-ons with the thing unless your drivin it.

What was the convergence setting if i may ask.

WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    There not unsync'd they just fire allot faster.

I haven't followed the debate about this much so please excuse my ignorance. I have tried the patch though and thought I might be able to help.
    By unsynched I asume you mean they DO NOT fire tracer rounds at the same time? If that is correct, then the answer appears to be no, they are not unsynched. When I tried it out the p47 and P51 both fired pairs of tracer rounds (one left wing, one right wing). On the P47, the outboard left and outborad right guns fired simultaneously. Didn't seem to be much swaying around from recoil though.
    I hope this answer is what you are looking for.

FlatSpin--

No problem, I'll explain (briefly). The wing mounted guns of most planes are incorrectly synchronized in game (one exception is the P-40E Field Mod, I believe). This means that the tracers (and rounds, for that matter) come out all together at the same time. That's great hitting power, but the problem is when trying to do deflection shooting, the enemy planes can easily (and I mean easily--by 10s of meters) slip through the packets of bullets being emitted.

So apparently, this was to much to fix on all the planes affected and the implication is that they upped the firing rate a bit to help compensate.

Oh well. I'll double check it tonight when I get home.

This was really the only thing I was hoping for to get fixed.

* _54th_Speeder *

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blackpulpit1970:
    What was the convergence setting if i may ask. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

175 meters I think. I bounced the nose and squeezed the tit about a second. The whole front of that bird lit up.

HayateAce's Avatar Banned
    No it is not fixed, the .50s still come out as goopy globs. Also, all non-russian allied aircraft still bobble and weave all over the place like some **** drunkard.

It's like they have no vertical stab.

Here's a weird thing I noticed while trying out the 190 )A8 i think). This doesn't seem right. Anybody...

Sithspeeder - I from what you said, it does seem they remain unsynched. Happily i fly VVS or LW

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►