I can only display Pac Fighters in a game set-up resolution of 840 X 460 without the image blowing up so big, that I only can see 1/4 of what is being displayed. I tried a screen shot, but it comes out normal, even though I'm seeing a hugh blow-up of the upper left corner of the game.

Has anyone seen this before? How can I get a higher resolution setting in the game set-up without it magnifying so much? The game doesn't scroll throughout the when the mouse pointer gets to the edge of the display, I can't get to any of the button that are off the display, so I have to do a 3-fingered-salute to terminate the game.

My desk top is set at 1280 X 720. I have the Asus ATI 9800 Pro 256 MB card with the 5.2 Catalyst drivers.

Any help would be great.

S!

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    mmm, this may be of help...Czech out the "conf" text file in your basic FB/PF folder.

Near the top, under [window], is a setting SaveAspect=0 or SaveAspect=1. Values are either 0 or 1. Change to the other and see what happens.

If that does not help, try setting resolution in the "conf" file before you start the game. Sometimes when I change res in game it blows up or scrunches down the image on screen...

I am using this setting with ATI~9200...

width=1280
    height=960
    ColourBits=16
    DepthBits=24

With 9800Pro you should go for ColourBits=32 ... I can do that but only at lower res like 1152x864x32.

I hope to upgrade to 9800Pro sometime this year.

Thnx 4 the input Lexx,

I resolved the issue. ATI's Catalyst allows you to select more resolutions than Windows does. I match the desk top with the game settings - I'm using 1152 X 864. It sounds weird because I have a very large monitor that's just a little wider in ratio than standard monitors, plus 24" viewable.

Glad I installed the Catalyst verion of 5.2!

S!

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Congratulations. I saw you in the other thread. I am paying attention as I am going 9800Pro sometime this year.