I am unable to fire the wing gun on the Blenhiem bomber. It worked in the past, but it does not work now. I've assigned the "Fire machine gun" control and the "Fire current weapon" control to my joystick trigger and I still cant get the wing gun to fire. I have even tried to assign them to other keys and the gun will not fire. I've looked all over on how to restore to default controls will no luck. Anyone know what the problem is or how to restore the default control settings? Thanks.

i have found some tricks at getting better frames and graphics tweaks for CloD.
    if anyone is interedsted read this post from hyperfighter. hope it helps
    S!

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=9681

Gosh I haven't played an IL2 game in years. I'm even more surprised to find my old name and password still works. I had this problem once before and it was a quick simple fix. I go to fly a mission and I have my desktop view, no game view. I hear the engine noise, gun firing etc. I remember it was a non-game problem but some simple Windows glitch. I have Windows 7. I just bought this game via Steam and how can I tell what patch I'm on?

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    Originally Posted by Air_Hog Go to original post
    Gosh I haven't played an IL2 game in years. I'm even more surprised to find my old name and password still works. I had this problem once before and it was a quick simple fix. I go to fly a mission and I have my desktop view, no game view. I hear the engine noise, gun firing etc. I remember it was a non-game problem but some simple Windows glitch. I have Windows 7. I just bought this game via Steam and how can I tell what patch I'm on?
    Unless you've switched off auto-updating, Steam will automatically keep Cliffs of Dover at the latest released patch version. It will not give you beta patch versions, they must be installed manually.
    If your video is not displaying in missions, it's likely that your video card is not on the supported cards list. You can find the list at http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a...Mm8yXzduSms%3D

Hello all,

I just installed CoD and managed to tweak the settings to a point where I was able to fly a 109 with minimal proficiency including a rather rough landing.
    My first couple of questions are:

1. Running windows 7 I get a "Do you want the following program (Steam Client Service) to make changes to this computer" I say No and everything runs fine. Why am I getting this message and what changes is it referring to?

2. I cannot change the AC options From UK to Germany so when I select a 109 the options are only to adorn it with RAF markings. Nevertheless when I fly a mission in a 109 it is marked accordingly.
    How do I correct the situation?

3. I'd like to be able to switch from guns to cannons to both via my AV8R joystick buttons so that when I pull the trigger it fires the guns I've selected. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

FYI The graphics are amazing and so far the game has performed fine without any instability issues. I can hardly wait to get everything tweaked enough to be able to fly online!

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    1. Windows 7 has extreme security, especially if Steam / the game are installed in the default location (C:\Program Files\). The changes it's referring to are most likely to configuration files that store user preferences. If you click yes rather than no, you may find some of the other issues clear up. If you have installed Steam in the C:\Program Files\ folder group, you may find it beneficial to move it elsewhere. You can do this by following the instructions at https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7418-YUBN-8129

Thanks Tully,

As it turns out I decided to uninstall steam and CoD and do a fresh install right on the C drive in a folder I named 'CoD'. It's not running as smoothly as it was unfortunately. I'll have to work with it a bit but one thing that may indicate something to you is that when it loads I see the 'AC in the cross hairs' image on the desktop as before, however the next screen is a dark screen with the same image doubled up and over-layed as if I were looking at it with my eyes crossed. Is that how it's supposed to appear? If not what conclusion might be drawn?

In addition every time I load from the IL-2 shortcut the dialogue box says it's loading the application for the first time. I simply have no means of knowing what is or isn't normal so unfortunately I have no other option but to trouble you by having to ask.

I wouldnt use the short cut, just load in steam