<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Megile:
    How about the D9 with manual pitch? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That one is hard to read through the engine fire. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO

robban75's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
    Thanks Robban! So, we still have a 5mph safety advantage in the Dora! Do the '44 and '45 Dora still have similar SL speeds?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The D-9 '44 is about 7-8km/h slower at SL than the '45 D-9, when it should be 9km/h faster.

FatBoyHK's Avatar Senior Member
    There are two prespectives on this issue:

1. On the offense, stay fast and high, BnZ 'em till their death, or you lose your E advantage, whatever come first. On defense, your roll rate, speed, and high speed handling will be your friend.... It is really as simple as that, every one can tell you all these "advices"... Indeed, they are all very true. Those were in the history book, those were how 190 dominated over spit5 IRL.

2. In this game, while all of the above are true to a certain extent, the other side of the equation is not quite. Spit isn't the one to be blamed, however, it is the overall FM. Planes don't lose enough energy in high-g turns. This apply to all planes but benefit TnBer more, just because they (Spit5) turns more than you (FW190A4/5) do. In a Co-Alt Co-E head-on merge, even the 190 extent striaght ahead, the spit still has a decent chance of catching up, especially if the initial speed (for both planes) is low. IRL it is not quite possible.... To get over with it you need to fly even faster and need to consider disengaging in more circumstances.... Not really a show-stopper, just keep it in mind, and you will be ok, you can still dominate a spit5 on a 190A4/5.

robban75's Avatar Senior Member
    Here are some more.

Yak-3

Spitfire MkVb

Spitfire LF MkV

Bf 109G-6/AS

Bf 109G-10

Bf 109G-14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F19_Ob:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robban75:
    Has anyone ever managed to reach these speeds in the Fw 190A-4 in-game? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have'nt tested that...but
    Have u tried to reach peak performance specs in the other planes in the game, on all sides?

Remember that optimal factorycondition specs is very different from actual combat performance during combat conditions in the field.
    The optimums were never reached on any side and it was normal to draw from the calculation of performance by default. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Robban didnt show the "optimum" data for the FW-190-A4

what he showed was the speeds the FW-190 can be flowen at by AI

its supposedly what we are supposed to be abel to achieve in game ourselves

up untill recently , the entire FW series were the only planes in FB with under-moddeled climb-ability

think about that , every single plane in FB used to climb too well (many still do) unless you took a FW-190 which didnt even climb as well as it should have

& as it stands at the moment , the 41 MkVb has a well over-boosted climb time . . . . . & one thing that FB has showen me is that with climb power you can turn the tables on a turn advantage . . . ..

. . . but if the bandit turns better as well . . . . .

( @ the G6/AS ! man im going to have to give that thing a spin pronto !)

Hi,

A brief look at the Faber test provides the conclusion that the A3 was superior to the Spit Vb in all respects except sustained turning.

Of course, it doesn't say whether it was necessary to keep your speed up to remain superior so I suppose we will never know.

One thing that is of note is the poor cannon performance of the 190s when the 151/20 should be very nearly as destructive as the Hispano. It's not.

Cheers,
    norris

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    do you have tracks of these screenshots dont prove a thing, little nose down 20-30 extra kmph.

tracks of each aircraft would be great robban becuase i certainly cannot achieve those speeds for the p47 and mustang perfect level flight and im able to achiever higher speed in the spit then you have and lagg3 SL.

maybe they are from an old version but 3.02bm 3.03 540 is max speed for the mustang p47 and p38j l

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Atomic_Marten:
    Also, it is quite weird that with every newer type of Bf109, speed drops. I thought it would be other way around.
    1.Bf109G6AS --588
    2.Bf109G10 --584
    3.Bf109G14 --579

kph. [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]faustnik:
    Hmmm...I do know that the Bf109G10 came after the G14, not sure where the G6AS fits in though? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.. G10 is the fastest Gustav there is according to many sources.(inspired by your post, I was doing some search online about issue).

Geez, I'm such n00b.

I have immediatelly ordered the "Messerschmitt Bf109 F-K", by Willy Radinger
    , published by Schiffer books
    , just to clear some stuff..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>FatBoyHK:

2. In this game, while all of the above are true to a certain extent, the other side of the equation is not quite. Spit isn't the one to be blamed, however, it is the overall FM. Planes don't lose enough energy in high-g turns. This apply to all planes but benefit TnBer more, just because they (Spit5) turns more than you (FW190A4/5) do. In a Co-Alt Co-E head-on merge, even the 190 extent striaght ahead, the spit still has a decent chance of catching up, especially if the initial speed (for both planes) is low. IRL it is not quite possible.... To get over with it you need to fly even faster and need to consider disengaging in more circumstances.... Not really a show-stopper, just keep it in mind, and you will be ok, you can still dominate a spit5 on a 190A4/5. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. About sharp turns and speed.

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member

trim and radiator closed lead

robban, try 0% pitch on dora...

G late arent in number/date order, think its in the ingame data, there all modified g6's basicaly