Is it true what I have heard about the Mossie's hitboxes? I understand from others that even near misses from flak will register as hits. Is this true? If so it will explain why when flying the Mossie it explodes on a reagular basis. I realize this planw was made of wood but it seems to get destroyed rather easily when you fly over a single vehiclle convoy or a 20mm AA gun. It seems like the AA is doubled in this plane.

Any confirmation on this issue would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Is it true what I have heard about the Mossie's hitboxes? I understand from others that even near misses from flak will register as hits. Is this true? If so it will explain why when flying the Mossie it explodes on a reagular basis. I realize this planw was made of wood but it seems to get destroyed rather easily when you fly over a single vehiclle convoy or a 20mm AA gun. It seems like the AA is doubled in this plane.

Any confirmation on this issue would be appreciated.

Cheers!

The bug on the Mosquito is simply that there is an additional hitbox located above the right wing.

This has nothing to do with it exploding, though. It's just modeled as a very flammable and generally weak plane.

Akronnick's Avatar Senior Member
    Say it ain't so, Joe.

---I'm afraid it's so kid.

tigertalon's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CdnSpits:
    I realize this planw was made of wood ...
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(* TT thinks about Lagg3 and scratches his head *)

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    if u hit the fusealarge then it goes bang very easily too

and flak seems tobe increadibly effective against mossies aswell

Remember: the Mossie's NOT made out of deltawood

Yes but on real mossies alot of the flak hits would pass cleanly right through the wood

stathem's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crop-Duster.:
    Yes but on real mossies alot of the flak hits would pass cleanly right through the wood </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sincerely wish we had some hard data and information about this, but I don't think we'd ever convince the majority about the strength of the plane, who all just see wood = fragile.

And if we complained too much it would look churlish.

Classic catch-22.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tigertalon:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CdnSpits:
    I realize this planw was made of wood ...
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(* TT thinks about Lagg3 and scratches his head *) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>