Every time a plane spawns online there is a small but very noticeable stutter. This isn't too bad when there are only a few players but when the room fills up it becomes really rough.

Is it possible to smooth out the re-spawn before final 4.08?

Thanks.

Every time a plane spawns online there is a small but very noticeable stutter. This isn't too bad when there are only a few players but when the room fills up it becomes really rough.

Is it possible to smooth out the re-spawn before final 4.08?

Thanks.

Most servers defeat this. When the mission is being built the mission builder takes all the flyable planes in the game that are going to be in the particular mission and hides them as static planes on the map. This way the planes are preloaded and spawn lag is no more.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

VMF-214 The Original Black Sheep Squadron of the IL-2 series are currently recruiting dedicated and mature pilots. Visit us at http://vmf214blacksheep.com/

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    That does help...but I don't think it cures it completely. Especially when spawning multi-station bombers which seem to eat up more resources when spawning. Probably because they have to init the AI for each station.

I'm not sure how solvable this problem is. I'd love to see a solution as its my number one complaint when playing online...but I think its tricky. It'd be fine if everyone had 2GB and a SATA2 hard drive with 8 or 16MB cache and all of that...then we could load far more into memory.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Find my missions at Flying Legends and Mission4Today.com.

ElAurens's Avatar Senior Member
    I have 2gig of ram and I still get spawn freezes.

Also i don't think placing statics has any effect on it anymore.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature" - T.E. Lawrence

WWSensei's Avatar Senior Member
    The placing of static aircraft helps at a minimum. The problem isn't loading aircraft objects but in updating newly joined clients on the game status. I've yet to fly a DF server where someone leaving or joining doesn't cause a significant sttuter if not outright pause. I tend to find DF servers with more than 20 people on it almost impossible to fly because of the constant stutters.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

--------------------------------------
    "A lady came up to me on the street, pointed to my leather flight jacket and said, "Don't you know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" I replied menacingly, "I didn't know I left witnesses. Now, I'll have to kill you too."

ElAurens's Avatar Senior Member
    I can always tell when there are "too many" players on a server by the degradation of in game sound.

When I'm sitting on the ramp waiting to take off and I hear guns firing that are kilometers away I know it will soon be time to find another place to fly.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature" - T.E. Lawrence

Hmm well I dont really know what to say then if you all disagree with me. All I can say is I only run 1024MB of RAM at the moment and I have no such stutters. <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

VMF-214 The Original Black Sheep Squadron of the IL-2 series are currently recruiting dedicated and mature pilots. Visit us at http://vmf214blacksheep.com/

stansdds's Avatar Senior Member
    I have 2GB of RAM and during a mission I can tell when a formation of enemy aircraft is spawned, there is always a small stutter, so any element of surprise the AI may have is diminished.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

When you know as much as I do, you become a danger only to yourself. -Stans, 2006

WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    Turn off download skins. No more spawn stutter.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Cheers!!