A flypast today (Sunday)
    from Southampton online......
    There will also be the largest air display to take place over the city since the Millennium.

At 2.30pm, a formation of Allied aircraft including the P51-D Mustang, the Thunderbolt and the Kittyhawk will perform a series of solo passes. Then, an hour later, it will be the turn of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, which includes the Lancaster Bomber, the Hawker Hurricane and Woolston-built Supermarine Spitfire.

But a planned appearance by "Sally B" - a B-17 bomber which featured in the film Memphis Belle, will not go ahead due to soaring insurance costs. Its place will instead be taken by another Second World War veteran - the DC-3 Dakota.

And all for free !!!!!

Could you post some pics when it's over?
    Can'T go there It's to far away

I'll have a go with my camera but it's got no flashy zoom, see what I can do !

stansdds's Avatar Senior Member
    This post is totally useless without pictures.

madsarmy's Avatar Senior Member
    I Think it's a very valid post. The chap is just letting people know what is going on in Southampton. So if anyone is in the area they can go & take a look.

Thanks damage

Originally posted by madsarmy:
    I Think it's a very valid post. The chap is just letting people know what is going on in Southampton. So if anyone is in the area they can go & take a look.

Thanks damage
    Yep I didnt know about it and live not to far away and Im gonna try and get there

WOW !! thnx that was awesome and would have missed it ,if it hadnt been for this post.

Soon as Ive recharged my camera I'll see how good the photo's I took were.

Thnx again

Here are some pics
    pic1
    pic2
    pic3
    pic4
    pic6
    pic5

Wish I had a better camera

Those are nice, thank you so much.

Number 6 is a work of art.

It may end up as my wallpaper for a time, with some very minor tweaking. Thanks again.

Your very welcome I really enjoyed taking them