When I pan around to see to the sides within the cockpit (both real cockpit and wonder woman view) the sound cuts out almost completely. I only have sound when facing forward or looking back. Is this correct with the new patch? If not, any suggestions as to what is wrong? I already reinstalled by downloading FB + AEP + PF + 3.03 + 3.04 + 4.01. Is this correct? Please help.

When I pan around to see to the sides within the cockpit (both real cockpit and wonder woman view) the sound cuts out almost completely. I only have sound when facing forward or looking back. Is this correct with the new patch? If not, any suggestions as to what is wrong? I already reinstalled by downloading FB + AEP + PF + 3.03 + 3.04 + 4.01. Is this correct? Please help.

Must be your audio settings.

It used to happen to me but I changed them and it works fine.

What is your current sound card and sound settings in the game and in windows? I had this same problem once and I know I just had to change something in game to get it back to normal.

Correct, it is speaker configuration. Choose dual or standard, or something basic. I had it set for headphones for a while but when I took off the headphones it was as you described.

You can experience this effect if you have selected "5.1" speaker config in the Windows Sounds and Audio Devices applet in Control Panel but only have stereo speakers.
    This setting is in the Speaker Settings section, under advanced.

You all were right. It was my speaker setting in Windows. It was set for 5.1 surround sound. I changed it to desktop stereo and everything is fine now. I had reinstalled everything to a new master hard disk and apparently it defaulted to 5.1.

Many thanks for your help.