Cajun76's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, isn't that something? I started that fight overheated pretty good. I had finished a fight, and instead of finding some peaceful sky to get some alt, I flew towards the action. Being cocky. Well, no sooner had I reached a comfortable alt and was about to throttle back, this 109 comes in with a lot of speed, slight dive, right for me. I fought as long as I could, but I had to extend and head home because my engine was going out. You had plinked me several times as I recall, and I had a he!!uva time getting guns on you. You didn't seem to like being in the forwrad arc of my guns, but I think I got a couple of non-critical hits. It seems like my engine quit before landing, I think, but I don't remember if I deadsticked succesfully or cracked up the landing. I do remember you got the credit for the kill, but I think it came down to who landed and reflew first. It was an excellent fight and a mere 100 pionts dosen't convey the satisfaction I get out of a well flown opponent, win or lose. Salute! sir and

Ha ha ha, Cajun, if you think about it, this was the only time we ever met on a server and also over a years ago. We both still remember it very well; proof it was a good fight.

You are right, you did get some non-critical hits, and cost me a paint job. But you were in a Jug which made all my hits on you non-critcal. I made it back to base but had taken a few more hits from a pesky La7 on the way down.

As you must have noticed I couldn't hit a hanger door if I were inside the hanger with a Mk108. Ha ha ha, your ears must have been ringing from my failed Mk108 attempts at point blank range. Four years of flying and I still can't hit anything.

I used to practice my shooting using P-47s offline. They are perfect since it you normally can practice a long time before they go down. But every now and again, the odd one goes down really easy. I haven't figured out exactly where the soft spot is but I know there is one. Any idea?

BTW, now that you mentioned it, I had landed, got a shiny new K4, and went looking for you again. As I was flying I saw that I did get credit for killing you. I thought it was a glich in the program. Now I understand what happened.

Fritz

How does one set the convergence different for inner/outer guns? I don't recall seeing this in the configuration interface.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Sgian_Dubh_001:
    How does one set the convergence different for inner/outer guns? I don't recall seeing this in the configuration interface.
    Cannons / Machine guns

The Jug separates the batteries of machine guns so you have 4 and 4 machine guns. Which is why you need to press both triggers for all 8 guns to fire. It also means you can stagger the convergence on the two batteries of guns to a more deadly level.

Ah. I didn't know that little trick.

Thanks.

It also means you can stagger the convergence on the two batteries of guns to a more deadly level.
    Ouch, that would really hurt!

Fritz

Cajun76's Avatar Senior Member
    Like Sunburst said, take Extra ammo, it gives you about 30 seconds of ammo using both sets of guns.

Since some may be unfamilar with using wing mounted guns, this tip may help. When very close, don't center the enemy in your sights, lead to the left or right just a bit, to get one side on the fuselage, and one on a wing tip if you find yourself up close and personal. They'll still know they've been hit.

WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Cajun76:
    and your WEP will run out before your fuel does, especially at high alt where it dosen't overheat readily at +100% power settings.
    Bah! It will! I've got my WEP to run out very frequently, so frequently I've begun to fly without it unless actually in combat. Yeah climbing is slow and painful and at high altitude you really have to watch your AoA to maintain some speed but it does give you a massive endurance advantage.

Shame I've can't fly it anymore. I've spent so much time in 190's that now when I fly a jug I fail horribly despite them being similar planes.

now i wish some more people would fly it because when on servers like WC maybe 1, 2 sometimes
    3 guys fly it on a full 40 player server
    which is sad because the P47 is one of the best team planes and can rage havoc when properly flown together
    When Im on WC and on red I fly it, not too well right now but the intent is there anyways..Definatly need to fly online more nowadays. Problem is allot of other people fly Spits and Mustangs which are hard planes to form up on due to the climb and performance differences. Also Spits and 51's are move comfortable at lower heights, I prefer to get to at least 5000 before going hunting and not many people it seems have the patience to wait that long before getting into combat so wingmen are hard to find.

If im on WC then give me a shout and I'll fly Jugs with you or anyone else. Im more than happy to dog fight or ground pound in one.

rgr Mondo, me and my sqaudmates are on WC TS alot and we do fly Jugs together pretty often

Pirsch...I'm a dedicated Jug flyer on every server it's available. I fly WC most of the time. If you just listen to what Sunburst, T-Bold , and Cajun have said here you'll jsut fine with it. All 3 are some of teh best Jug pilots around. To re-emphasize....keep your speed around 250+ mph, carry extra ammo, only 1 turn no more than 90 degrees and have a hard deck of around 2000 ft min. Fly her hard and fast and zoom away after making your gun pass. Don't try to stick around for a second shot by turning. Oh..and the best thing a jug pilot can do is to have a wingman. 2 Jugs working together are one tough cookie. Guys...look for me..I'm always looking for another Jug to team up with.