Hi folks,

Just an idea for a really simple ground object, mainly for online use...

A directional sign to sit on the ground and point pilots towards the runway.

Just 'left' and 'right' arrows would be enough, I think - they're only required to show the way from hangars to runway. Landing aircraft just hit 'refly' from the runway.

When you're flying a heavily-laden bomber on a high-realism server, with no external views, it's a struggle to find the nearest runway end sometimes!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

------------------------------------------------------------
    PhilipsCDRw

PF_Tini's Simple Guide to Switching 4.04m, 4.05m, and 4.07m.
    Flying on Hyperlobby as EAF_T_Dozer

+1<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Originally posted by marc_hawkins:
    Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. A 108:0 kill ratio is insignificant next to the power of the Force

http://www.fas.org/main/home.jsp

Isn`t there already a user-made runway graphic that presents arrows along the runway? In our online Campaign we now have markings to help us know where to go in the desert.

Is there? To be honest I haven't looked - I don't use the FMB often. But this is based on the lack of directional signs (other than putting point-lights into rough arrow shapes) on online servers.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

------------------------------------------------------------
    PhilipsCDRw

PF_Tini's Simple Guide to Switching 4.04m, 4.05m, and 4.07m.
    Flying on Hyperlobby as EAF_T_Dozer

Yes there's a giant white circle with arrowhead that you can put on the ground. I used it on the baloon slalom racing course to show the right way round.

Now what I really want is a couple of little soldiers - we have all these trenches but no soldiers to put in them - all the soldiers are attached to bits of artillery. And can you do the damage model so they turn into little skeletons when they're blown up?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

lowfighter's Avatar Senior Member
    He's asking for something visible from cockpit while on the ground. From the air it's ok, we have that rectangular sheet, red or white and can make arrows with it.
    Seeing the little soldiers and especially their skeletons would by awesome. But still we've got the bikers, I'll set them as infantry support in tank battles

I don`t think they should turn into skeletons. that`s not realistic.

Just have standard standing, kneeling, prone troops that fall dead like the ones running from a truck when hit.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"If it burns, it is confirmed."

Ivan Lukich Zvyagin

lowfighter's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
    I don`t think they should turn into skeletons. that`s not realistic.

Just have standard standing, kneeling, prone troops that fall dead like the ones running from a truck when hit.
    I was joking about the skeletons, and I think Stenka too, I can't believe he's such a bad guy to enjoy watching poor little soldiers skeletons. But anyway having soldiers would be fantastic. Anyone knows if there'll be soldiers in BoB??

Nimits's Avatar Senior Member
    You know, that would be nice . . .

Originally posted by lowfighter:
    I was joking about the skeletons, and I think Stenka too,
    Errr....ummm

You mean you didn't used to line up your toy soldiers, grab a nice big toy tank and go "brrrrruuuuummmm" and squash them all?

....and you didn't build your airfix kits, then insert a banger then light the fuse?

However there are some limits - in Knights of the Sky we will be getting horses both separately and pulling artillery. It's gonna be tricky to hit the carriages without hurting the horses.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">