ElAurens's Avatar Senior Member

Would it be possible to add the Chinese Nationalist aircraft markings as selectable in the arming screen?

The Chinese used a wide variety of military aircraft in the WW2 period, many of which are avialable in the sim. The addition of the correct markings would greatly add to immersion in the many good historical scenarios being played out on and off line.

Dunkelgrun's Avatar Senior Member
    If you get Il-2 MatManager then you can have Chinese markings, and many others, on your aircraft. Invaluable piece of kit.

http://www.acesartwork.co.uk/

Cheers!

ElAurens's Avatar Senior Member
    Dunklegrun, it does not work online. I am asking for some Chinese markings as default game markings so everyone can see them.

Tater-SW-'s Avatar Senior Member
    Bump for a great idea.

tater

Dunkelgrun's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by ElAurens:
    Dunklegrun, it does not work online. I am asking for some Chinese markings as default game markings so everyone can see them.
    Ah yes, very true. When TAC flew a Sino-Japanese online war everyone was instructed to get MatManager first.

Cheers!

Another vote for Chinese markings.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by ElAurens:
    Exactly!

I keep asking for better markings on some aircraft in this game and I keep getting told MAT manager which does nothing for me when I'm online and nobody can see it.

Plus...I can't get the darned thing to work anyways.

Tater-SW-'s Avatar Senior Member
    icfire, you should drop a question on aces website forum, he's extremely helpful about getting it to work. It's a shame his markings aren't THE markings for the game, they are so much better, the game looks like a cartoon in it's default mode by comparison. Can;t say enough good things about his wonderful app.

tater

The latest version of MatManager is a lot easier to install than previous versions. I could never get them to work but the latest one installed with no problems what so ever and after tweaking the config like it says in the readme it worked great.