rupok2's Avatar Member
    apparently they put a accent on his voice, I know this is legitimate since he is from the middle east but the altair we know and love has an american accent and its too late to change that, he almost seems like a different person.

here is the singleplayer demo where we hear him speak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded

SpyderNynja's Avatar Senior Member
    You can blame everyone who complained that he had an American voice in the first game.

All Ubisoft does is listen to us whiny fans. Sometimes I feel bad for them. We can never be pleased.

Imo he sounds awesome. I like him even more than before!

I like it better. Oh well.

AnthonyA85's Avatar Senior Member
    *sighs*

I was dreading this......It's the same accent they used for the AC PSP game (and I hated that acent)

I guess i was one of the few who really liked (and prefered) the Voice Actor they used in AC1.

First the good:

The sequence with Ezio looks pretty cool. I think i just found my new favourate weapon (the bombs), I wonder if you can create incenderies....would be nice to watch those soldiers burn , nice to see kill-streaks are still around. I loved the Templar Captian's little speech to Ezio "Are you as deadly as the legand says? Or am I the commander of a pack of drunks swinging sticks?!" I was like "Er...both?"

Now the bad.....

I've seen this game's first flaw (and it's a pretty big one as far as continuity goes). Altair can do Ledge Assassinate and Air Assassinate, and this sequence takes place BEFORE AC1, now, acording the the Codex, Altair didn't develop those techniques until after AC1, AFTER he'd killed Al Mualim.

Pretty glaring slip-up.

Serrachio's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
    *sighs*

I was dreading this......It's the same accent they used for the AC PSP game (and I hated that acent)

I guess i was one of the few who really liked (and prefered) the Voice Actor they used in AC1.

First the good:

The sequence with Ezio looks pretty cool. I think i just found my new favourate weapon (the bombs), I wonder if you can create incenderies....would be nice to watch those soldiers burn , nice to see kill-streaks are still around. I loved the Templar Captian's little speech to Ezio "Are you as deadly as the legand says? Or am I the commander of a pack of drunks swinging sticks?!" I was like "Er...both?"

Now the bad.....

I've seen this game's first flaw (and it's a pretty big one as far as continuity goes). Altair can do Ledge Assassinate and Air Assassinate, and this sequence takes place BEFORE AC1, now, acording the the Codex, Altair didn't develop those techniques until after AC1, AFTER he'd killed Al Mualim.

Pretty glaring slip-up.
    You could say that he had recorded them in his Codex, based on his life's experiences, to make sure that the techniques aren't lost and to allow other Assassins to learn them and adapt them to achieve better results.

I do miss the Altair AC1 voice but the new voice is starting to grow on me. Imdb states that Philip Shahbaz is voicing Altair in AC:R (he's the same actor who voiced him in AC1).

rupok2's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
    *sighs*

First the good:

Now the bad.....

Pretty glaring slip-up.

Maybe its because desmond is the one controlling altair and he learned those techniques already. And the voice thing is probably gonna be explained by ubisoft as a failure of the animus 1.0. The dna wasn't synched enough in animus 1.0 to allow things like accents and stuff to work.

Originally posted by Serrachio:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
    *sighs*

First the good:

Now the bad.....

Pretty glaring slip-up.
    You could say that he had recorded them in his Codex, based on his life's experiences, to make sure that the techniques aren't lost and to allow other Assassins to learn them and adapt them to achieve better results. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This.

Also the voice actor is obviously different from bloodlines. I don't think they sound similar at all aside from them both being heavily accented.

I thought they said Philip Shabaz was coming back, but that didn't really sound like him.

I miss the dry american accented altair, i'm pretty disappointed they changed it.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... Last ►►