BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't understand the engineering behind this plane. It doesn't want to go up. Controls feel heavy. Its like flying a big rubber boot.

Maybe I'm missing something?

BfHeFwMe's Avatar Banned
    Because, if your going to get waxed in the air, they better give you one cool looking ride to do it in.

Its a great plane specially in the D9 form, its not a turn and burner its a energy fighter and you have to be patient to use it how it should be used. You dogfighting la7 and yaks at low at you are gunna die. It flys more like a P47 and a good boom and zoomer and energy fighter. It has one of best roll rates in the game but its not very good in the vertical unless manual pitch is applied.

Originally posted by BaldieJr:
    I don't understand the engineering behind this plane. It doesn't want to go up. Controls feel heavy. Its like flying a big rubber boot.

Maybe I'm missing something?
    It called trim. The FW-190 is a crusher, I absolutely love the thing. A4 smacks the SpitVBs around and calls them Sally. Its almost not fair.

S!

DrHerb's Avatar Senior Member
    "The machine is as good as the operator" .....think about it

Pappy is right. The FW is a E-fighter menaing an energy fighter which means u need to BUILD energy and maintain it to fight. This means wide and fast turns and lots of dives and zooming up. IF you have to turn make it at the end of a dive with excess energy and ONLY make a single DIVE turn or CLIMB TURN.

If you want to fight spits then use the A6 since thats a bit more agile. If you want or need more firepower use the A9.

If you want both firepower and turning ability use the hoehenjaeger (Ta-152H).

The Dora is fast and agile enough to hunt late spits but only if you E-fight and have enough alt.

I fly the FW more like a Corsair rather then a P-47. But thats me.

S!

MrMojok's Avatar Senior Member

Von_Rat's Avatar Senior Member
    this thread is soooo 2005

We know Baldie knows better.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►