🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    HellO! I'm trying Far Cry demo with this configration:
    AMD Athlon 2800+
    512 MB RAM 333Mhz
    Geforce Ti4200 64 DDR AGP8X (support by motherboard)
    SB Audigy
    Win XP PrO SP1
    All drivers updated

Will far cry run better with full game version?? (i've 25 avarage fps with some datails put on high)

If i'll upgrade the Ram to 1Gb can i have more fps or this isn't my solution?

Thanks @ ALL

HellO! I'm trying Far Cry demo with this configration:
    AMD Athlon 2800+
    512 MB RAM 333Mhz
    Geforce Ti4200 64 DDR AGP8X (support by motherboard)
    SB Audigy
    Win XP PrO SP1
    All drivers updated

Will far cry run better with full game version?? (i've 25 avarage fps with some datails put on high)

If i'll upgrade the Ram to 1Gb can i have more fps or this isn't my solution?

Thanks @ ALL

With that Ti4200 64MB Graphics card, you are going to be limited to how much detail you can have!

I dont think that a RAM upgrade will help your FPS.

You dont say what Resolution you are running the game at??? You should be able to run the game acceptably at 1024X768 with medium settings without any problems, but if you are looking for anything higher or better quality you should think about upgrading your video card!

Athlon XP 3200+
    ASUS A78NX - E Deluxe
    2 X 512MB Corsair TwinX 4000
    Powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro 256
    **CAT 3.10**
    Some Hard Disk Thingies ??
    Windows 2000 Pro

Ops....sorry....
    The resolution i'm using is 1152x....i don't remeber...

madh52's Avatar Junior Member
    yes, ram upgrade will improve your global FPS because the hard disk will not heavily swap (the game has peaks of 700mb of RAM usage) .. if you don't set high texture details aniway it's useless to upgrade your ram, 512mb are ok.. get a better GPU and another stick of ram and the game will rock.. I hope the full version will be more smooth on ATI cards aniway..

No RAM will NOT increase your FPS. I know this because I just upgraded mine from 512MB to 1GB 2 days ago. However, don't think you won't get an improvement, it was well worth the money. Basically what it does is eliminate the annoying stutters that happen when the game is accessing the Hard Drive. For example, near the end when you go inside and the doors open. On 512MB the game would pause for about 2-3 seconds while the game loaded the room, on 1GB it doesn't pause at all.
    I got my RAM from www.crucial.com. www.crucial.com/uk if your're from the UK

Hope that helps a bit.

haha RAM WILL INCREASE YOUR FPS A LITTLE IT WILL RUN SMOTHER TO so put that in your pipe and smoke it!

No it will not! Do you know this for sure have you played the game with 2 different amounts of RAM? I have so I know for a fact!

mmm yes

Get a new video card. That's all you need.