Just going through memory on major land and sea battles of the Pacific, 16 combat zones is pretty comprehensive :

Pearl, Java, New Guinea, Midway, Aleutians, Guadalcanal, Leyte, Bougainville, Tarawa, Kwajalein, Saipan, Marianas, Palau, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, mainland Japan, Singapore (Malaya), Burma, Formosa.

That's 19 areas. Even removing three, that's a busy list.

Any areas I missed ? Which ones might not make the cut ?

Just going through memory on major land and sea battles of the Pacific, 16 combat zones is pretty comprehensive :

Pearl, Java, New Guinea, Midway, Aleutians, Guadalcanal, Leyte, Bougainville, Tarawa, Kwajalein, Saipan, Marianas, Palau, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, mainland Japan, Singapore (Malaya), Burma, Formosa.

That's 19 areas. Even removing three, that's a busy list.

Any areas I missed ? Which ones might not make the cut ?

think you missed the Philipines?

}-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-{

~S~
    from =97th=Vortex

www.freewebs.com/fightingpumas

You've missed quite a few important battle areas, in additon to the Philipinnes - Wake Island, Peleliu, Coral Sea, quite a few others.

chris455's Avatar Senior Member
    You could make a whole sim out of the Solomons if you wanted to- But I hope they include all the other places as well

Leyte is in the Philippines (I'm stupid if I didn't know that, being of Filipino descent) . I was thinking that's where all the big carrier action took place, so that might be the one area that represented the Philippines, unless Bataan and Corregidor will be included.

Wake Island, Peleliu -- those I misssed, thank you for adding them.

Coral Sea I would consider part of the New Guinea area, since it was in support of that campaign that the battle was fought.

Good suggestions, thanks.

Would Darwin be included with coaral sea or new guinea maps just wondering ?

J

It would be nice to be able to fly to most targets within a theater. If a plane is stationed in the Solomons, it could make if to Kahili and beyond.

Batam

"Biar berputih tulang, jangan berputih mata"
    Translated:
    "Let the whites of your bones, but do not show the whites of your eyes"

Luthier: will japan mainland be included? It's quite some years (after the crappy CFS2) that i'm looking forward to a sim that included the last stand of the remaining japanese faighters against the powerful B29 raids.
    The desperate fight against time and physics to reach the superfortresses' cruising altitude into the black night would be quite challenging and exciting for me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►