This isn't a bug report, but more a request in tracking down a bug so that a report can be sent. It would be really nice if we could find a way to consistently reproduce this.

Since 2.01 I have noticed FW190A5/6 will have their engines go bad for no apparent reason.

Forget about testing this offline, I have been unable to reproduce it and it may require being online to reproduce.

Tonight in a COOP two squadmates had it happen at exactly the same time in FW190A5s. One of them was not using WEP and his engine was cool, neither had been hit. He started recording a track after it went bad, hopefully that is enough for Oleg to figure out the cause.

It has happened to me a couple times. The first time it happened was in an A6, I figured it was some kind of WEP timer that had been added in 2.01, but I was unable to reproduce it. Then it happened in an A5, and I was quite sure my engine was cool, but I resolved to be extra careful. The last time it happened I am certain my engine was cool and hadn't been hot for more than a few seconds at a time before.

Some time later I genuinely burned up my engine, and noticed that it was entirely different from what had been happening before, the sound and feel of the damaged engine was different. I havn't flown FWs much since 2.04, but when both my squadmates had it happen right at the same time it reminded me of the problem and that I had been unable to reproduce it offline, made me wonder if it had something to do with netcode that caused it.

This isn't a bug report, but more a request in tracking down a bug so that a report can be sent. It would be really nice if we could find a way to consistently reproduce this.

Since 2.01 I have noticed FW190A5/6 will have their engines go bad for no apparent reason.

Forget about testing this offline, I have been unable to reproduce it and it may require being online to reproduce.

Tonight in a COOP two squadmates had it happen at exactly the same time in FW190A5s. One of them was not using WEP and his engine was cool, neither had been hit. He started recording a track after it went bad, hopefully that is enough for Oleg to figure out the cause.

It has happened to me a couple times. The first time it happened was in an A6, I figured it was some kind of WEP timer that had been added in 2.01, but I was unable to reproduce it. Then it happened in an A5, and I was quite sure my engine was cool, but I resolved to be extra careful. The last time it happened I am certain my engine was cool and hadn't been hot for more than a few seconds at a time before.

Some time later I genuinely burned up my engine, and noticed that it was entirely different from what had been happening before, the sound and feel of the damaged engine was different. I havn't flown FWs much since 2.04, but when both my squadmates had it happen right at the same time it reminded me of the problem and that I had been unable to reproduce it offline, made me wonder if it had something to do with netcode that caused it.

I noticed this a couple months ago. It is only with the A-5 and A-6. What happens is it overrevs the engine during certains dives. I've done a lot of testing to recreate this because it puzzled me when it first happened. It depends on the altitude and angle more than the speed itself, but if the RPM reaches about 3200 it goes for a couple seconds and then suddenly reads overheat and dies within seconds. The other 190As don't reach this RPM no matter what.

3./Jagdgeschwader 51
    3./JG51_Stecher
    www.jg51.com

I should also mention that when it gave me the overheat message immediately followed by an engine inoperable message the engine temperature was 30 degrees under the overheat limit. Boost with 100% pitch and 110% throttle was used. The A-4 without boost doesn't quite reach the same high RPM, which makes sense, nor does the A-9 with different engine and propeller. But why the A-5/6 is different from the A-8 I don't know. Same engines and propeller right? And why fatal overheat when it's 30 degrees under the limit?

3./Jagdgeschwader 51
    3./JG51_Stecher
    www.jg51.com

a question does the fw190overheat so quickly,how does the engine cooling works?

don't understand the fact that you can hit open rad button,because there is nothing to open(like in P47 or D9)lol how does it work ?

for your bug it's not a bug lol it's because you are at 100% prop pitch lol and in a dive the porpeller goes too fast and kill the engine when reaching too much RPM,it does the same on FwD9 but faster even not in dive because it take rpm much more than Anton

when going on a high speed dive with anton just not forget to go on auto pitch or goes to less prop pitch

The 190s engine cooling system is a whole other monster. As you pointed out they are slits not big outward flaps of any kind, yet the 190 takes about a 25 km/h hit when they are "open". I'd like to know why.

But back to the point, yes it's overreving when I fly at those settings and get the dive exactly right. But there is something screwy here. As I understand it, the A-5/6/8 all have the same engine, propeller, and boost system modeled in this game. Yet the A-8 does not experience the overrev. Anything else using a different engine/propeller combination will be completly different and isn't really relevant to what is happening here.

3./Jagdgeschwader 51
    3./JG51_Stecher
    www.jg51.com

JG7_Rall's Avatar Banned
    What was the final verdict on the slowing down with rads open? I know Hunde emailed oleg about this issue but I don't know what the reply he got was...

"Son, never ask a man if he is a fighter pilot. If he is, he'll let you know. If he isn't, don't embarrass him."
    Badges!? We don't needs no stinkin' badges!

jugent's Avatar Senior Member
    The Fw190 is a bug itself, the wrong revi-sight, it unpredictable stall characteristics, its woulnerability, its climbs-rate etc etc.
    Someone up there seems to hate the FW.

the A8 does NOT have the same Engine as A5/6:

a 5/6 can provide about 1800HP on WEP
    the A8 provides ~2000HP on WEP

and jes it's overreving, don't know about the speed loos, but i think it has quite an impact (don't even know why...they system was different from "just-opening-radiators")
    but overreving is not overheat, maybe oleg should ad such a message, it is confusing sometimes.