I was browsing around and found: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hassassin

I was wondering is this the basis of the storyline for the upcoming game... Its very interesting history that I never knew about as they went after both parties of the Crusades.

-Zapges

I think that it could be in fact partly based on it. It appears that the Assassinas are Islamic ,because they in the trailer are killing Crusaders though. I think that they might also be killing like in the Wiki. article about selected targeting.

The game will be based in two Crusader cities of Jerusalem and Damascus. There will probably be other cities in this game that it will be based in.

My guess is that the Assassian is for hire ,and whatever he can get the most loot from killing a person he will go for it. I have a feeling that he or she will kill enemies on both sides ,or that you can choose the side you want to be on.

The meaning of the word Creed is of interest too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creed

I have a feeling that the Assassian is like a secret order ,and that are rules and stuff that the Assassians follow. The main rule is probably, "Do what is right no matter what" or something like that.

well so the game is based upon real history, many games are. But this info is more then I really needed but good find and get a life lol

Originally posted by Yog1243:
    I think that it could be in fact partly based on it. It appears that the Assassinas are Islamic ,because they in the trailer are killing Crusaders though. I think that they might also be killing like in the Wiki. article about selected targeting.

The game will be based in two Crusader cities of Jerusalem and Damascus. There will probably be other cities in this game that it will be based in.

My guess is that the Assassian is for hire ,and whatever he can get the most loot from killing a person he will go for it. I have a feeling that he or she will kill enemies on both sides ,or that you can choose the side you want to be on.

The meaning of the word Creed is of interest too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creed

I have a feeling that the Assassian is like a secret order ,and that are rules and stuff that the Assassians follow. The main rule is probably, "Do what is right no matter what" or something like that.
    Hmm I don't think they assassinate for money. I think that their goal is to end the cruasades by killing off head generals of both armies and whatnot.

Since Creed is a religous belief I think the assassin's are killing for a better cause then just for cash...

yeah but, why have they formed their...err, cult?
    What is the reason behind it

UnDead_Knight1's Avatar Senior Member
    I agree with princeofyo, they propably just want the war to be over, propably their main reason for forming their association

capteenix's Avatar Senior Member
    Their Dark Brotherhood from Elder Scrolls IV: oblivion very same...

DarK_PhoeniX_22's Avatar Senior Member
    or the brotherhood in thief games

Check Penny-arcade out:

I've read things recently to the contrary on some of the particulars, but the etymology of Assassin is entered in Merriam-Webster as (essentially) Muslim Terrorists, and before I read the press release carefully I didn't know if Ubisoft had gone crazy or had balls of steel or what, but a game where - through through a combination of cleverness, physical culture, and brutality - you dispatch the agents of The West (proper noun) seemed like what you might call an odd market proposition.

Politicians really need no help homing in on the aspects of the medium that will get them the most play. Imagine a placard like this on the floor of the House:

September 11th, 1191?
    to see what message they might take from such a game. A closer, which is to say complete and entire, reading of the press document reveals that you play as a representative of some ahistorical "third party" in the Crusades dedicated to the Holy City of Jerusalem itself, in the way that "The (ahem) Brotherhood Of The Cruciform Sword" of Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade fame is dedicated to the preservation of the Grail.

I can connect any topic to Indiana Jones. I'm great at parties.

(CW)TB out.
    Interesting thoughts for sure...

Source: http://www.penny-arcade.com/

From what you read of the wiki article the assassins mainly focused on killing highly placed sunni muslims. And only two Christian deaths are accounted to them, one of which was likely paid for by another Christian. Heck they even showed the (reputably) greatest muslim general wouldn't be safe from them.

And from what I've heard at the point where they were crumbling apart, many assassins tried to convert to Christianity at one point or another. But that would be half a century after the game.

I think the game will draw heavilly upon this for it's inspiration but won't base itself upon it. Judging from what I've seen so far the assassins might be both Muslim and Christian, or they might even be Jews, I think whatever religion(s) they follow is going to be a minor point of the game.

I doubt Ubisoft would like to tick anyone off with it's games, so it'll be as politically correct as murdering people can be.