I have just found the fantastic Fourth Fighter group website which has an amazing section dedicated to the official performance tests of the Spitfire I, IIA, V, VII, IX, XII, XIV, and 21 as well as tests for the Seafire IIC, L.IIC, III, XV and 47!

Check it out, everything for Boscombe Downs official tests, Air ministry documents, Roll Royce speed trials and Naval Air Institute Airfighting trails.

Link is here

Wow, I beat all the other 109 pilots to this thread!

Wait for it, waaaiiit for it.....

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    Some of the Whine-Oh-Neiners have, er, 'issues' with some of the information posted on this site, as I'm sure you are about to find out.

me first me first

read this:

http://kurfurst.atw.hu/

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    There you go! The Kufurst response in 3!
    Some of the source docs are a good read. Notice the engineer's report on the 25lb boosted Merlin 66 - "This engine could be boosted to 28lb!" (If I remember correctly, something like that anyway). And so on. A good site for those documents if nothing else. After reading Kurfurst's rebutle to the Spit XIV analysis I had my reservations about any conclusions drawn from the source material, but life's imperfect.

Great find

Oh boy does that MkXIV look like ***** on paper or what? Theres going to be a few un happy germans around soon

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arm_slinger:
    Great find

Oh boy does that MkXIV look like ***** on paper or what? Theres going to be a few un happy germans around soon <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Here's hoping

I'm sure the whining will be at an unprecedented level. Lets hope the new FM modifications keep everyone a bit happier by having a few less odd ball moves that you can pull some fighters through (the Spitfire accused mostly because of its excellent energy retention being amplified a bit).

Prop pitch on the 109 is the most amplified thing in the game.I hope the new flight model will change this.

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ploughman:
    There you go! The Kufurst response in 3!
    Some of the source docs are a good read. Notice the engineer's report on the 25lb boosted Merlin 66 - "This engine could be boosted to 28lb!" (If I remember correctly, something like that anyway). And so on. A good site for those documents if nothing else. After reading Kurfurst's rebutle to the Spit XIV analysis I had my reservations about any conclusions drawn from the source material, but life's imperfect. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

kurfy is master at making 109 look best at everything.
    i hope these raf planes turn up in 1 patch all together
    poor lw, be like waking up and being hit in teh face with a sledgehammer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HARRIER_401:
    Prop pitch on the 109 is the most amplified thing in the game.I hope the new flight model will change this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another clone! Jeez