Hi,

I've just played through Revelation which is the first Myst game I've played.

I'm not sure if I've missed something in haven though - maybe someone can give me a definitive yes or no - but Sirrus's journals on Spire have quite a bit of detail about the sudden appearance of the linking chamber and the family reunion, yet there's not a word in Achenar's either on the ship or in the lakeside house. This seems a bit odd - the only reference to the visits I found was the shirts at the end before the joyride.

Is there something else, perhaps another journal, that I've missed?

As for the puzzles in the game - I had to use a walkthrough for some of them, and I can't help feeling that certain puzzles are unfair but only because of very small details:

For instance, the cables one must tune on Spire - it's really unfair (and unrealistic) that they can't be tuned individually - if the first gear is in the right position, surely the first cable would sound right regardless of the setting of the other two...

And the infamous mangree puzzle - making only one mangree capable of throwing hard enough was pure sadism!

On Serenia, does anyone else get the impression that the developers originally intended the drawbridge leading to the old Memory Chamber to be up, forcing the player to go through the root chamber to get there?

Anyway, I'm glad I bought the game, and there's no denying that both the graphics and soundtrack are stunning. I would have liked a more rewarding ending though - the final speech by Atrus is a bit of an anti-climax.

Hi,

I've just played through Revelation which is the first Myst game I've played.

I'm not sure if I've missed something in haven though - maybe someone can give me a definitive yes or no - but Sirrus's journals on Spire have quite a bit of detail about the sudden appearance of the linking chamber and the family reunion, yet there's not a word in Achenar's either on the ship or in the lakeside house. This seems a bit odd - the only reference to the visits I found was the shirts at the end before the joyride.

Is there something else, perhaps another journal, that I've missed?

As for the puzzles in the game - I had to use a walkthrough for some of them, and I can't help feeling that certain puzzles are unfair but only because of very small details:

For instance, the cables one must tune on Spire - it's really unfair (and unrealistic) that they can't be tuned individually - if the first gear is in the right position, surely the first cable would sound right regardless of the setting of the other two...

And the infamous mangree puzzle - making only one mangree capable of throwing hard enough was pure sadism!

On Serenia, does anyone else get the impression that the developers originally intended the drawbridge leading to the old Memory Chamber to be up, forcing the player to go through the root chamber to get there?

Anyway, I'm glad I bought the game, and there's no denying that both the graphics and soundtrack are stunning. I would have liked a more rewarding ending though - the final speech by Atrus is a bit of an anti-climax.

education

Content deleted - advertising is NOT allowed on these Forums!

education

Ubi Soft is a website that has a thread about Achernar's journals and a few comments. They are providing certain puzzles which will be helping for buying the chambers. If you are interested in education then check https://www.rushessay.com/research_paper.php and get the latest skill of education. You can also get their policies for more work. Join their website for more information.

hi

Originally Posted by Valverde4745658 Go to original post
    Ubi Soft is a website that has a thread about Achernar's journals and a few comments. They are providing certain puzzles which will be helping for buying the chambers. If you are interested in education then check custom research paper and get the latest skill of education. You can also get their policies for more work. Join their website for more information.
    I'm not sure it's the right thread.