CRUDFACE's Avatar Senior Member
    Okay, I know Ubisoft doesn't want a complete stealth game like Splinter Cell and I respect that, but this game kind went on the premise hat Assassins were at least mildly hidden.

These days they are very open, like extremely open.

Ezio always was. Seeing as they had posters of him, he did public speaking in his Assassin robes and none of the npc's looked remotely like him. And he wears so many ornaments and high priced armor that he does stand out a bit too much.

And now they're having full on war in the streets.

Does anybody else think the Assassins are far to open?

LordWolv's Avatar Senior Member
    I do think they are too notorious. But then again, they always were. Even in the original game; the most secretive, the assassins were in full possession of a darn castle, not particularly secretive, mm?

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    They're secretive about their goals and the scale of their order. In ACR they're clearly playing the "role" of a gang. That way they seem like some cult or a group of delinquents (similar to the Byzantines in the game) instead of a well established, almost global order.

Lol, very true! But that was when History had them down as actually being there. And it was after Altair's time that they were supposed to be more underground instead.

I think they're idea was supposed to show how they go more and more underground.

On a side note, i feel like your profile pic is actually talking to me.

@Lightrey: been a while, huh? Actually, the heralds as well as guards and such talk about how you're anything BUT a gang. As they talk of the assassins and such in open crowds. Also, people who are picked up and trained by the assassins already know who the assassins are.

As some say how you want them to do something good with their lives and such. So they know that Assassins are anything but a gang.

Oh, yeah, and gangs don't enter full on warfare with tanks and soldiers right in the middle of the street. while they're not as well funded as the Templars, they have military weapons, traps and access to Barricades equipped with things like Greek fire and cannons.

ACR is a stupid it completely throws the storyline out the window with respect to what youre talking about

after altair they went underground in this they are the friendly neighbourhood bad boys fighting
    with cannons in the streets

a long way from the days of altair who was well hidden and discreet he did live in a castle yes but they maintained secrecy and mystique and were unseen

they were those mysterious killers from masyaf

in ACR ur nothing more than a 14th century spiderman with friends

taking over cities?? massive street battles with cannons?? mobile flamethrowing machines?? rifles??? grenades??

'we work in the dark to serve to the light' << pull the other one mate

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by t260z:
    Lol, very true! But that was when History had them down as actually being there. And it was after Altair's time that they were supposed to be more underground instead.

I think they're idea was supposed to show how they go more and more underground.

@Lightrey: been a while, huh? Actually, the heralds as well as guards and such talk about how you're anything BUT a gang. As they talk of the assassins and such in open crowds. Also, people who are picked up and trained by the assassins already know who the assassins are.

As some say how you want them to do something good with their lives and such. So they know that Assassins are anything but a gang.

Oh, yeah, and gangs don't enter full on warfare with tanks and soldiers right in the middle of the street. while they're not as well funded as the Templars, they have military weapons, traps and access to Barricades equipped with things like Greek fire and cannons.
    Eh, yes they do. Ever heard of gang wars? Those have been around since the Romans, if not before.

The common man would have seen no difference between the kind of group the Assassins were and the kind of group the Byzantines were, except for how good they were to the people. That's why the Assassins were generally more popular in Constantinople.

deadly_thought: while I don't want to call the AC series entirely stupid, they are when it comes to this, lol.

Works in the dark? even Batman didn't wear his cape until night when it was better to sneak around.

Originally posted by LightRey:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Eh, yes they do. Ever heard of gang wars? Those have been around since the Romans, if not before.

The common man would have seen no difference between the kind of group the Assassins were and the kind of group the Byzantines were, except for how good they were to the people. That's why the Assassins were generally more popular in Constantinople. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't have to be sarcastic about it. And yes, I know about gang wars and how much they stand out based on membership, money and weapons. to say Ezio is more than just the leader of a gang.

But what you're missing out is how much money and resources they have as well as fighting basically all around the world. And the heralds and other people know them as Assassins, not one person outs you as a gang or just a petty gang member.

And what gang had basically the same equipment as the military and also, seeing as the Byzantines specifically targeted them, they are more than just a gang.

They even recognized Ezio by face and just word of mouth when Ezio was near and people asked him to help him out in Brotherhood.

Especially in AC2's dlc when Ezio stands in front of a crowd after killing someone and gives lectures on being your own man. Based on what we know and what we've seen, Assassins are more like terrorists than gangs.

But can you show like some proof that people thought of them like that? gang wars of that magnitude didn't happen and when they escalated it had go through a cooldown of sorts. Ezio is always fighting.

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    Well you have to figure that when Ezio comes into town, Yusuf's Assassin network already have been working in the city & they all openly wear one set of clothing.
    ANYONE wearing identical "uniforms" in public is going to be noticed as a group of some sort.

The Heralds have been out ranting against Assassins too...
    I don't see how they can avoid detection by the people & clearly the Byzantines identify them immediately.

One last thought - I think that if Assassins are known by the people to some degree in some areas, it doesn't mean they're wide open everywhere else or that they should leave the area.

Do enough assassinations in one city and you can naturally expect some notoriety.

This is another issue where I believe that this is where we have to understand that this is a GAME.
    It's not going to be SO realistic that it hinders fun gameplay & forces us to do all our assassinations in a dark closet type of thing.

I allow AC room to loosely create a good game that isn't So realistically anal that it makes gameplay essentially boring.

Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
    Well you have to figure that when Ezio comes into town, Yusuf's Assassin network already have been working in the city & they all openly wear one set of clothing.
    ANYONE wearing identical "uniforms" in public is going to be noticed as a group of some sort.

The Heralds have been out ranting against Assassins too...
    I don't see how they can avoid detection by the people & clearly the Byzantines identify them immediately.

One last thought - I think that if Assassins are known by the people to some degree in some areas, it doesn't mean they're wide open everywhere else or that they should leave the area.

Do enough assassinations in one city and you can naturally expect some notoriety.

This is another issue where I believe that this is where we have to understand that this is a GAME.
    It's not going to be SO realistic that it hinders fun gameplay & forces us to do all our assassinations in a dark closet type of thing.

I allow AC room to loosely create a good game that isn't So realistically anal that it makes gameplay essentially boring.
    Exactly, that's where I'm coming from. I know as a game it has to somehow rely on suspension of disbelief, but since AC is one of the only games around that has a story these days, it sucks that the hidden aspect of the series is dwindling away and probably crushed.

But I was more interested on who was thinking the same thing as me. Just happy I wasn't alone in thinking like this.

MaKaVeLiTL's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by Isaac500:
    I do think they are too notorious. But then again, they always were. Even in the original game; the most secretive, the assassins were in full possession of a darn castle, not particularly secretive, mm?
    Why do you have LightRey's twitter and facebook in your sig?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last ►►