What is with the Ju-87 stukas 7.9mm guns they don't seem to have a purpose.Any help Please

What is with the Ju-87 stukas 7.9mm guns they don't seem to have a purpose.Any help Please

They're for shooting at soft targets, such as trucks, cars, infantry, etc.

tigertalon's Avatar Senior Member
    One of their purposes IRL was also to force AAA gunners to stop shooting and to duck behind cover or at least to disturb their aiming during an attack (on a ship for example).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They're for shooting at soft targets, such as trucks, cars, infantry, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Horses, fleeing civilians, wheelchairs, baby buggies. Targets like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They're for shooting at soft targets, such as trucks, cars, infantry, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Horses, fleeing civilians, wheelchairs, baby buggies. Targets like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Workers in rices fields, farms, trains, fishing boats, food factories...

Oops !! That was the purpose of .50 ... Sorry!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IIJG69_Kartofe:

Oops !! That was the purpose of .50 ... Sorry! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no no no... everyone knows the .50s are for taking out Tigers.

Right !!!

I forgot that!

Yeah, they are for me to shoot things after I miss with the bombs.

Has anyone got an air kill with the front guns? Maybe an I153 will fly around in front of me one day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by captainbong1970:
    Yeah, they are for me to shoot things after I miss with the bombs.

Has anyone got an air kill with the front guns? Maybe an I153 will fly around in front of me one day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think UK dedicated has a scenario with Ju87s vs P11c's, I think I once managed to shoot something down, but usually it's easier to try and drop a bomb on the enemy or ram them

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►