Mastiff070's Avatar Member
    Every time I play this happens with mcafee, can you please fix or tell me why it keeps sending changes to my registry. Also the game does not shut down all the way.It stays running in the back ground.
    Process: H:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\il2fb.exe
    Affected Items: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-73586283-651377827-725345543-1004\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\0.0.1
    If you did not expect this change, McAfee recommends that you block it. If you expected this change, allow it.

Every time I play this happens with mcafee, can you please fix or tell me why it keeps sending changes to my registry. Also the game does not shut down all the way.It stays running in the back ground.
    Process: H:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\il2fb.exe
    Affected Items: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-73586283-651377827-725345543-1004\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\0.0.1
    If you did not expect this change, McAfee recommends that you block it. If you expected this change, allow it.

p-11.cAce's Avatar Senior Member
    Ahhh McAee - hate it I'd go ahead and allow the change - though most often this conflict is caused by an overzealous anti-spam or anti-hack filter. Personally I shut down my anti-virus when running '46 or when playing online. I've not had a problem in the several years I've been doing so.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    I gave up on McCaffe years ago... when your current subscription runs out I suggest you do the same... There are several free utilities out that are flexible and less buttpainesque. Look here: File Hippo.com.

Monterey13's Avatar Senior Member
    http://www.grisoft.com

Download the free version. Works like a charm. I've been running it for years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
    I gave up on McCaffe years ago... when your current subscription runs out I suggest you do the same... There are several free utilities out that are flexible and less buttpainesque. Look here: File Hippo.com. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you!!!

Well for what it's worth:

I'm just now recovering from a complete WinXP re-install/re-format after XP crashed. I had just disabled McAfee virus scan ( but not the firewall....too risky with a cable modem ) for the duration of some QMB flying. Had it set to re-enable at next PC boot; Never happened. Corrupted a system 32 config file and lost everything. I have a strong suspicion it was McAfee related, and not just a coincidence.

Norton is even worse IMO...much more heavy handed.

I'll look into the alternate protection programs suggested in this thread.

MrMojok's Avatar Senior Member
    I'll second the Mcafee horror stories.

Also, "buttpainesque" is my new favorite word.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheCrux:
    Well for what it's worth:

I'm just now recovering from a complete WinXP re-install/re-format after XP crashed. I had just disabled McAfee virus scan ( but not the firewall....too risky with a cable modem ) for the duration of some QMB flying. Had it set to re-enable at next PC boot; Never happened. Corrupted a system 32 config file and lost everything. I have a strong suspicion it was McAfee related, and not just a coincidence.

Norton is even worse IMO...much more heavy handed.

I'll look into the alternate protection programs suggested in this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AVG antivirus.... Adaware foer the spyware.... and ZA for the firewall.... all free.. works for me.. got em all from the file hippo. Not to mention Open Office.... a great freeware office suite from Sun... also on the hippo.

Rune your not the only one Im having problems with it on xp it does'nt shut down all the way. sure all the bells and whistles turn off and your looking at the desktop, but when I looked at the task manager the il2.exe was still there whats up with that? Mcafee was goin nuts I think they through something in this game thats spy ware?