Hi,

I stupidly Uninstalled IL-2 so that I could reinstall it outside Program flies for some mods to work, however, I forgot about a huge stash of epic recordings I had made previously.

Is there any way to get them back?

thanks!

Welcome here!

If you've just uninstalled it from the Control Panel, chances are the original folder it was installed in is still in there, check for the contents of the 'records' folder...
    (Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL2 Sturmovik 1946\Records)
    Good Luck!

Also if you have Windows 7 or Vista I think it stores any saved files for Il-2 in the Virtual Store hidden file under Users.

Also, for future reference, you don't have to uninstall Il2 to move it, just move the folder and create new shortcuts. In fact you don't even have to install the game, just make a backup of your game folder on DVD or USB drive and anytime you need to reinstall (or want to run a different version in it's own folder) just copy the whole folder to wherever you want it on the harddrive and make new shortcuts. I keep a clean install with my controls and conf.ini stored so if I ever bork my install I can get going again faster, I keep the skins, missions, etc folders updated once in a while too.