MB_Avro_UK's Avatar Senior Member
    Hi all,

Many Battle of Britain pilots preferred the Hurricane to the Spitfire. Remember that the Battle of Britain occured in the summer of 1940 and the Spitfires were Mk 1s and later in the Battle Mk 2s.

They were speaking from experience and not graphs...

Will this be your experience in the forthcoming Battle of Britain sim ?

Just a thought whilst we wait...

Best Regards,
    MB_Avro.

The 109e...

Jaws2002's Avatar Senior Member
    Hurri and 110.

Hurri to start, then later Spit if allowed...

leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    Both would be a challenge with their dad-burned carbs. Heresy in this thread, but I most look forward to the 110C. After that, I am keen to try my hand at the Blenheim IV, and the Ju 88A-1. I hope there is a Wellington Ic to fly over Berlin. Hope one of the modelers does a Defiant if 1C doesn't.

Sigh. Meanwhile, MAW has a Blenheim and a Lysander.

DKoor's Avatar Senior Member
    Hurricane.
    When I go down, I wanna go down with style.

I'd rather take a hang glider with a pistol into combat.

MB_Avro_UK's Avatar Senior Member
    I forgot to mention...both the Spitfire and the Hurricane will be powered by the same 1,000 hp Rolls Royce Merlin as in 1940.

Best Regards,
    MB_Avro.

Hurri from my experience with a couple of sims. Torque to weight ration seems a little better at that time than the Spit.

If the DM is done well, we'll have to avoid the frontal attack like the plague; remember the fuel tank in front of the cockpit

If the FM is true to reports, the carbs will cough and sputter when one noses down. Better to change your axis and yank the stick back to keep gravity working with your engine

i belive the negG cutouts of the RAF Fighters will cause less "proplems" for the players than the manual pitches in the 109E (and im not sure what system the 110C had !) ............

anyway, i highly doubt that you will see the same relation in numbers of Hurricanes and Spitfires on the comming servers than in the air of real 1940

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►