hi!

Since 4.03 patch a lot of pps fly Ju88. It's lovely plane, but i don't see adventages. Face it. It's slower, has less armour and guns. If you want to take off with 2Ó”2000SC you must use all runway. Landing is also harder. What is historical background of this bomber?

Well....the HE-111 was just a bomber, the JU-88 was developed to many roles doing the war, level bomber, dive bomber, nightfighter ground attack plane etc

Jippo is the expert, im just the pilot, but the C-6 would be great to have

Originally posted by domenlovrec:
    It's slower, has less armour and guns. If you want to take off with 2Ó”2000SC you must use all runway. Landing is also harder. What is historical background of this bomber?
    No, Ju-88 should be faster. And it was used as a dive bomber too with the same accurate bombing sight as Ju-87 which made it deadly against tank formations and ships.

Originally posted by domenlovrec:
    hi!

Since 4.03 patch a lot of pps fly Ju88. It's lovely plane, but i don't see adventages. Face it. It's slower, has less armour and guns. If you want to take off with 2Ó”2000SC you must use all runway. Landing is also harder. What is historical background of this bomber?
    1. Ju88 IS faster
    2. Take off with full load: no problem
    3. Landing: no problem
    4. Ju88 is a efficient dive bomber.

Panzer, you didn't quite answer the gunner weakness there. . .

JG7_Rall's Avatar Banned
    Anyone have any good tracks or training tracks for divebombing in the 88? I can do it in other planes well but i seem to be 5-10 meters off when i do it in the Ju88. Thanks

HuninMunin's Avatar Senior Member
    You have to stick to a few things to make the 88 a succesfull divebomber.
    First: Your bomb-release-speed should not exceed 550 km/h.
    Second: Do mot make (under any circumstances) heavy corrections via rudder. In fact do not use the rudder at all. This is the most common thing that may cause bombs of target sideways.

joeap's Avatar Senior Member
    Don't forget if you have the heavier loadouts to decrease fuel otherwise it will be overloaded.

Cruising speed at sea level (95% throttle):

Ju-88A4 with 4x 500 kg external bombs: 375 kph

He-111H6 with 4 x 500 kg external bombs: 355 kph