Probably get pummeled by someone like poor Boosher did, but I know there are several Z car enthusiast/owners lurking around here somewhere.

In a momement of weakness, my friend, after running out of patience, time, money and steam, asked me if I wanted his 260Z project car. I surprised him and wrote a check on the spot. I stole it, but he set the price.

I've had 2 280ZX Turbos and currently own an '88 300ZX, but this will be my first resto. The bad news is it's in boxes. The good news is the engine has already been refurbed,the car only has 33,000 miles and it's ready for the paint booth. My goal will be for near-factory specs with maybe wheels and other minor updates. Something like this:

I know some won't give a rat's backside, so please ignore this. For Z lovers, share some restoration horror stories by PM.

BuzzU's Avatar Senior Member
    Put a small block Chevy in it.

S!,
    Good looking Z. I've owned two myself in my younger days. My first, a 1970 240z, was stock w/ the teak wheel, factory mags, and handled like a dream. My second, was a 1972 240z, had a 280Z five speed w/ Weber triple dueces, BBS wheels, headers, Monza exhaust, Blistein shocks, and a MOMO wheel. That car would flat getup and go!! I had it on the track at Road Atlanta time trials. What a blast to drive around that track. I don't remember my lap time, but I did manage to get that machine up to 134mph!! Not bad for an old inline 6.

BTW, don't go down that road of dropping V8s into such a sweet car. It ruins the handling and the overall nature of the car.

HB

If I were you I'd go with those rims if you can. They look great on that car. I have those same ones (Panasport Minilite replicas) on my Miata. Although my Miata has been a daily driver since April 1990, so it's looking a bit more beat up than that Datsun pictured. Cool car, good luck with it.

Jasko76's Avatar Senior Member
    Great little car!
    Upgrade the suspension, lower it and put nice rims on it an you'll have a nice ride. Skip the rice stuff - wings, spoilers and such stuff.

Badsight.'s Avatar Senior Member
    man the 260's are cool (kinda feel it & the 240 had classic written all over it , unlike the 280's)

thats right , classics , just like the 2000 GT

I have a 82 280zx 2+2 5spd n/a t-tops... brakes failed 4 days ago.
    finished repairing the brakes yesterday and changed the oil earlier today.
    I probably wont ever restore it like it needs and the only mod I have done to it is replacing the engine driven cooling fan with two electric fans but I love driving it, especially in the summer.

@Buzz - Yes, the V8 kit briefly crossed my mind. Can't pass up the stock 33k mile motor.

@Heinz - Nice, you've had some "real-deal" Zcars. The 240's carry a bit more panache, but I am happy the early 260 looks identical and I've got the trim Euro bumbers.

@Wilburnator - Fully agree on the Panasports. They have that updated large dia wheel benefit but with classic wheel design.

@Jasko76 - Yes, absolutely no rice will be used in the building of this car.

@Badsight. - Yup, first true classic I've owned. Don't tell me you have one of those beaut's pictured...

@tralkpha - I'd take my '83 Black ZX Turbo back in a heartbeat. Really like that series.

Badsight.'s Avatar Senior Member
    no no , the Toyota 2000GT are way pricy now , & thats if you can find one to buy

but are they awesome or what , 200 Hp 2L stright-6 , & they sound as good as they look

You could always do this to it for fun!!!

http://www.scorpionzcars.com/

I have seen one of these close up in OZ and gotta say they look good. Not this particluar body kit but.