Slate stops working in Todelmer

Everything works fine for me until partway through Todelmer, the second age. As soon as I warp to the island containing the second symbol, the slate stops functioning. No matter what I draw, the Bahro won't come any more. Even the slate's saved copy of the first symbol, which previously worked, stops working. So I know the problem can't be that I'm not drawing the symbols right. Rather, it seems to be some sort of bug.

Has anyone else experienced a glitch like this before? I haven't found any information on the Internet about it, which seems strange to me. Surely, if there were a glitch that made the game impossible to complete, someone would have mentioned it. Could my copy be defective or something? (It's the 3-disc limited edition, and I am running it under Windows XP). Any insight would be much appreciated, as I was enjoying this game and want to be able to complete it!

Welcome to the Forums!

NOTE: Anything that's in type of a different color (usually blue), is a link to another Internet site. Double-left-click on a link to go to its site.

Have you done everything correctly? To be certain, you might want to take a look at Bert Jamin's EoA walkthrough.

I am doing everything correctly. Like I said, I have identified the exact point when the slate stops working: the moment when I warp to the pillar in Todelmer containing the second symbol. From that point on, neither symbol works on the slate, even the saved copy of the first symbol.

wstrohm's Avatar Senior Member
    As soon as I warp to the island containing the second symbol, the slate stops functioning. No matter what I draw, the Bahro won't come any more. Even the slate's saved copy of the first symbol, which previously worked, stops working.
    Can you just copy the symbol on that pedestal to a separate piece of paper, and then use the Todelmer symbol on the pedestal to link back to the original bubble? I don't think that the Bahro can get to the second pillar. Once back to the original pillar, try the symbol for the second pillar and see if drawing it on the slate takes you there.

Originally Posted by wstrohm Go to original post
    Can you just copy the symbol on that pedestal to a separate piece of paper, and then use the Todelmer symbol on the pedestal to link back to the original bubble? I don't think that the Bahro can get to the second pillar. Once back to the original pillar, try the symbol for the second pillar and see if drawing it on the slate takes you there.
    Thanks for the idea, but I don't think that's the problem. The video below (at about 7 minutes in) shows someone dropping the slate on the pillar, and the Bahro coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtTOUguUJDc

wstrohm's Avatar Senior Member
    You are right, sorry, I remembered it wrong. My game plays like the one in your linked video. Can you return to the first pillar after dropping the slate and waiting? Then, you do not see the symbol (that the Bahro should have picked up) for that second pillar on the pedestal in the bubble of the first pillar? (Sometimes you have to back off considerably from the dropped slate before the Bahro will come.)

Thanks for the tip. I'm at college and don't have the game with me, but I'll try your idea when I get home. Thanks.

I think you were right - I must have stayed too close to the slate. Thanks!

mirpfennig's Avatar Junior Member
    If you've had the problem with the second, I cannot get the third icon to show up on the rim of the link bubble pedestal. I've replayed the game up to this point and again it does the same thing. Any ideas, I'm sooooo frustrated!

Thanks

As a first pass, go to Bert Jamin's walkthrough, Todelmer section, and be absolutely certain that you've done everything correctly.

DO NOT just say "yeah, don't need to, did it all right the first time" -- DO ALL OF THE STEPS AGAIN!

And remember to use the Camera to save your game progress at important intermediate points -- like the start of Todelmer, for example.