FilipinoNinja67's Avatar Senior Member
    I had a debate with some kid on xbox about AC and CoD. It was about CoD being the same game over and over again and the only thing new he knew aout was new guns, new perks, new maps and he already pre ordered it. I know more bout MW 3 than he does and im not even buying it!

Then he asked me oh yeah! Whats new about Assassins Creed! i went on for 20 minutes just listing the new things about it and he said. oh yeah! well im still buying CoD!

I laughed. CoD has more fanboys than any other game, i even tried talkin to him bout Battlefield 3 which looks awesome and he didnt wanna hear anything about it because he was too busy spinning around in a circle and hitting R.

I just hope that AC doesnt end up like CoD and do you guys think that AC could end up like CoD? Just selling the same game over and over for years?

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Didn't UbiSoft say that they would stop selling Assassin's Creed games if they couldn't add anything new to it?

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Jexx21:
    Didn't UbiSoft say that they would stop selling Assassin's Creed games if they couldn't add anything new to it?
    They did? Would be a good thing though. Game series need to end when their time has come.

Blind2Society's Avatar Senior Member
    I will be buying and enjoying the hell out of both. As well as like 20 other awesome games that will be coming out in the near future.

ace3001's Avatar Senior Member
    Urgh! Hipster alert!
    Why do people think it makes them "cool" if they hate on CoD? The hate is getting really stale now. Sure, AC's the better series by far, but that doesn't mean CoD is bad. Sure, it rehashes the same core gameplay mechanics, but at the end of the day, it's damn good mindless fun. And having fun is what should matter, not whether the game is too similar to its predecessor or not.

the only game I know I'm definitely getting this fall is BF3.

cuz who knows if ACR is gonna be out on PC then, or in spring of 2012.

Originally posted by Blind2Society:
    I will be buying and enjoying the hell out of both. As well as like 20 other awesome games that will be coming out in the near future.
    I'll at least be getting ACR and Halo Anniversary. Yay for nostalgia.

I saw some of the multiplayer footage of MW3 and honestly I played on a modded Call of Duty 4 server very much like it. And although Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood were no different from each other, I'm sure that Revelations will be significantly different. I think of Assassin's Creed 2 as part 1, Brotherhood being part 1.5, and Revelations being part 2. And I doubt Ubisoft will just continue to sell a slightly different game every year, since most of it is story. Almost all of the experience in Call of Duty comes from multiplayer gameplay with less story. As long as Assassin's Creed doesn't come with a zombies mode, they won't sell out.

Originally posted by nickfern19:
    I saw some of the multiplayer footage of MW3 and honestly I played on a modded Call of Duty 4 server very much like it. And although Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood were no different from each other, I'm sure that Revelations will be significantly different. I think of Assassin's Creed 2 as part 1, Brotherhood being part 1.5, and Revelations being part 2. And I doubt Ubisoft will just continue to sell a slightly different game every year, since most of it is story. Almost all of the experience in Call of Duty comes from multiplayer gameplay with less story. As long as Assassin's Creed doesn't come with a zombies mode, they won't sell out.
    True. I've always found AC to be mostly about the story. The awesome gameplay is just a really really really cool bonus.

kriegerdesgottes's Avatar Senior Member
    I usually have zero to no interest for any game coming out except the AC game but there are a lot of great games coming out this year. I want Arkham City, Battlefield 3, and of course more importantly ACR. Even Far Cry 3 looks decent this time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►