After the fiasco that resulted from my miscalculation by 0.000001, I wanted to investigate further the anomaly that is the Polikarpov I-16.

Now, apologies for my iteration, but I often teach my students that the key, the basis, the very foundations to an ace virtual pilot, is the ability to successfully raise the landing gear.

However, the I-16 poses an inexplicable problem. I am unable to raise the landing gear.
    I checked my bindings "raise gear" mapped to a Z axis, however the gear failed to raise.

Now with this inability, I wonder, why do some choose to fly the inferior performing plane that the I-16 is, further more, with the incapacitation that the gear stuck down, presents.

Slechtvalk's Avatar Banned
    i-16 got manual gear. Set keys to manual gear in il-2.

Like shift g and shift v

Taylortony's Avatar Senior Member
    then you have to press them repeatedly to raise or lower it...... another nice touch

If you didn`t keep nicking the winding handle for the I16 and using them to crank your bf109 engine you`d find it easier to raise them gears..

We REAL I16 pilots are watching you!

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    heheheh...your gear, like your pants, are always down....now if you will just stop trying to use the lever to raise your pants.... we can get on with our collective pointing and laughing at you.

HW3's Avatar Senior Member
    Ah Sir Robin, me thinks per chance you be fishing with good bait again.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned

Robin, I'm so disappointed

This one isn't even mildly beleiveable. You used to put content ahead of your prose, now your flowery verse is your content. How sad.

You'll get 'em next time, Tiger

Oleg e-mailed me, by the way. He asked me to tell you this:

"sirrobbin, D model is best for sig pics, two blade prop is best, be sure"

Hi,

The key to the I16 gear is that they are gravity controlled. Simply turn on your back and the gear will fall back into the wing bays. I fly inverted all the time with the I-16 and have maintained a kill ratio of 254:1 with this procedure.

Cheers,
    Norris

MEGILE's Avatar Senior Member
    If this thread reaches 3 pages, everyone who replied deserves to be castrated for your crimes.

LOL@ Chuck_Older, NorrisMcWirther and Heywooood you guys really crack me up here, stop those replies or i'll die laughing

Sir_Robin; you're such a n00b, stop "fishun' " and start learning to fly.. Take McWhirter's advice and have fun...

Megile: I happily donate my glockenspiel