Grizz65's Avatar Senior Member
    I've always wanted to try this in these forums. This is a non sequiter game that in my college days we used to call "Kelp" for reasons that would take too long to explain here. Okay, okay. I'll explain anyway. lol One morning the speech faculty at my graduate school were sitting around in the office discussing that year's undergraduate debate topic. The newest member of the faculty, a rather spacy young man, came in and with no preamble at all announced, "My mother found a dead bird in her trunk this morning!" There was, of course, total silence for a bit. But from then on, conversation stoppers such as that became "dead birds," and the debate coach, in his infinite wisdom, deemed that a string of such dead birds should be called Kelp. It caught on, and we spent many happy, hilarious moments indulging in Kelp. It convinces uninitiated onlookers that you are totally round the twist.

Anyway, there are only two rules: Rule 1. Your post must be totally unrelated to the post just before it. Rule 2. Though your post must be totally unrelated to the previous post, it must 'sound' like it follows logically. For example:

Post one: It was raining the day I was born.

Post two: That should not have been a problem since San Francisco is west of Chicago.

Post three: That's true only if panda's are black and white!

Post four: Ha! You will never fool me with such a lie. Everybody knows that ducks waddle!

And so on.

Anyone who is game to try it is welcome to contribute the first post.

I've always wanted to try this in these forums. This is a non sequiter game that in my college days we used to call "Kelp" for reasons that would take too long to explain here. Okay, okay. I'll explain anyway. lol One morning the speech faculty at my graduate school were sitting around in the office discussing that year's undergraduate debate topic. The newest member of the faculty, a rather spacy young man, came in and with no preamble at all announced, "My mother found a dead bird in her trunk this morning!" There was, of course, total silence for a bit. But from then on, conversation stoppers such as that became "dead birds," and the debate coach, in his infinite wisdom, deemed that a string of such dead birds should be called Kelp. It caught on, and we spent many happy, hilarious moments indulging in Kelp. It convinces uninitiated onlookers that you are totally round the twist.

Anyway, there are only two rules: Rule 1. Your post must be totally unrelated to the post just before it. Rule 2. Though your post must be totally unrelated to the previous post, it must 'sound' like it follows logically. For example:

Post one: It was raining the day I was born.

Post two: That should not have been a problem since San Francisco is west of Chicago.

Post three: That's true only if panda's are black and white!

Post four: Ha! You will never fool me with such a lie. Everybody knows that ducks waddle!

And so on.

Anyone who is game to try it is welcome to contribute the first post.

JadesDream's Avatar Senior Member
    Ok, I'm game.

Eh-hem...

I love to put extra butter on my sweet potato.

How do you keep the route clear in your head that way; I mean without a map?

It's the extra peanuts in the peanut butter.

Oh I love that, especially when the maples are at their most colorful stage!

It's even better when the clowns make balloon animals.

See! It's easy. Give it a shot all you wits out there.

O.T.:I don't know; I've always sort of prefered stuffed peppers myself, but to each his own!

Honestly, I've never been to Maine.

I'd never have known that, except for the little sweat beads on his brow. That was a dead giveaway!