I am running the IL-2 Sturmovik demo in anticipation of a purchase. When I try to takeoff the aircraft immediately pulls to the right and I cannot seem to correct it. Can you please provide some assistance?

Thank you,

I am running the IL-2 Sturmovik demo in anticipation of a purchase. When I try to takeoff the aircraft immediately pulls to the right and I cannot seem to correct it. Can you please provide some assistance?

Thank you,

That is likely caused by engine torque. If the aircraft pulls to the right,it means the propeller is turning left to right. Some aircraft have the prop turning right to left and you will veer to the left.

Ease throttle up gradually until tail comes up. Use opposite left rudder to keep the aircraft straight. It gets easier with practice.

Make sure you buy the il2 1946 DVD if you decide to buy.

Also, map a button to the tailwheel lock. That will be very helpful for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blairgowrie:
    That is likely caused by engine torque. If the aircraft pulls to the right,it means the propeller is turning left to right. Some aircraft have the prop turning right to left and you will veer to the left.

Ease throttle up gradually until tail comes up. Use opposite left rudder to keep the aircraft straight. It gets easier with practice.

Make sure you buy the il2 1946 DVD if you decide to buy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank for your help. Yes, I plan to get 1946.

Can you tell me how I calibrate my CH Fighterstick for IL2?

Thanks..............

please read click me

Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW, can you tell me how to place an avatar with my name?

please read click me

K_Freddie's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blairgowrie:
    If the aircraft pulls to the right,it means the propeller is turning left to right. Some aircraft have the prop turning right to left and you will veer to the left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, I think you must get back into your plane.

If you play a mission where the weather is terrible and lots of wind, lock your tail wheel, otherwise you'll go round in circles. Be gentle with the throttle in these circumstances