This game is in dire need of dedicated servers. I dont know where the Ubisoft servers are based, but after spending 5 minutes in matchmaking I get slotted with the laggiest players on the planet.

I have been shot through walls, pulled off a ledge from 20 feet away, and have had players (who I used the smoke bomb to stun, and yes I am positive they were stunned, what with the coughing and all) immediately recover and kill me before I have even finished the execute animation.

Please get rid of this archaic peer to peer system and release some dedicated server files and a basic server browser. At the very least make server files available to some dedicated server rental companies so that we can rent our own.

I believe the client server architecture pre-dates peer to peer.

El_Sjietah's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
    I believe the client server architecture pre-dates peer to peer.
    All the more ******ed to see online gaming move into that direction.

Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
    I presume you are volunteering to pay for the servers then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
    I presume you are volunteering to pay for the servers then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paying for dedicated servers has never been a problem in past multiplayer games. It costs the developping company nothing either, so I really don't see the issue unless it's sheer laziness of implementing such a feature.

Paying for dedicated servers has never been a problem in past multiplayer games. It costs the developping company nothing either, so I really don't see the issue unless it's sheer laziness of implementing such a feature.
    You think it is easier to develop a functional P2P implementation than a simple client-server setup? Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea what you're talking about?

iN3krO's Avatar Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
    You think it is easier to develop a functional P2P implementation than a simple client-server setup? Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea what you're talking about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He just said it would be easy to implement it so that could be like cod:mw2 of alteriw, if you look at dedicated list you join dedicated servers you do join server you join p2p servers...

You think it is easier to develop a functional P2P implementation than a simple client-server setup? Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea what you're talking about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly my point. P2P is much more difficult to set up, but is inferior to the much easier client-server system. On PC at least. So why go that direction in the first place?

That's exactly my point. P2P is much more difficult to set up, but is inferior to the much easier client-server system. On PC at least. So why go that direction in the first place?
    Presumably because nobody wants to incur the expense of running dedicated servers, and they can get away with P2P on console games without complaints.

Presumably because nobody wants to incur the expense of running dedicated servers, and they can get away with P2P on console games without complaints. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That's because console gamers are used to that setup. Dedicated servers for online gaming have never been an issue the past decade, so thinking no one would pay for them is practically admitting you don't have faith in your mp component.