ok, i'm having problems emptying the basin at the old memory chamber. i've set the water puzzles right from what i can tell (the first one i put the lever to the right shutting off the water on the left, and the second one i closed damm, or whatever u call that thing, and stopped the water flowing thru the right channel). however doing so doesn't seem to stop water flowing into the basin, so when i use the collector to empty some of it out, there's always too much water in it. i installed the patch after having this problem and it didn't seem to help, so now i'm redoing the whole game incase the save game file is messed up or whatever, and haven't gotten back to serenia yet to c if that helped. however, i was wondering if maybe there was something else i'm just missing that would fix the prob. any help would be greatly appreciated.

canonsniper

ok, i'm having problems emptying the basin at the old memory chamber. i've set the water puzzles right from what i can tell (the first one i put the lever to the right shutting off the water on the left, and the second one i closed damm, or whatever u call that thing, and stopped the water flowing thru the right channel). however doing so doesn't seem to stop water flowing into the basin, so when i use the collector to empty some of it out, there's always too much water in it. i installed the patch after having this problem and it didn't seem to help, so now i'm redoing the whole game incase the save game file is messed up or whatever, and haven't gotten back to serenia yet to c if that helped. however, i was wondering if maybe there was something else i'm just missing that would fix the prob. any help would be greatly appreciated.

canonsniper

Mowog's Avatar Senior Member
    This won't be much help... but I have the same problem. I closed all the appropriate water valves, lowered the sphere, allowed it to fill with water, shut the door, raised it, and still there was too much water in the basin.

So I gave up and went to Spire. Maybe I'll figure it out some day.

i doubt it's a problem with the save game file. i think you must have just dome something slightly wrong. did you remember to oper, lower close and raise the harvester? if so i think you must have the water things set up wrong. i think if they are right you can walk down a bit even without lifting water with the harvester.

NadiaR's Avatar Senior Member
    Posted by Canonsniper <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>(the first one i put the lever to the right shutting off the water on the left, and the second one i closed damm, or whatever u call that thing, and stopped the water flowing thru the right channel). however doing so doesn't seem to stop water flowing into the basin, so when i use the collector to empty some of it out, there's always too much water in it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Canonsniper & Mowog, have you both studied the water map mosaic on the ground in the place right opposite the Hall of spirit (in the far end, right across) ? If you did, you will discover that there are 3 water puzzles in Serenia that can be manipulated in order for you to ultimately solve the harverster puzzle. You seem to have done right, Canonsniper, with the 2 first water puzzles but like you noticed there is still a river flowing near the old Memory Chamber.....you need to stop that river from flowing. If you have found the 3rd water puzzle in Serenia then you must know that there is nothing you can possibly do now with it, you need to link to Haven and find the answer to that puzzle in Haven. Complete Haven and you will get the answer to the 3rd water puzzle in Serenia. Good luck to all here!

BulaRae's Avatar Senior Member
    Actually if you said on the second one you stopped water flowing on the right then that is your problem. All irrigation devices need to be stopped on the left and flowing on the right. If I were you I'd double-check the one near the entrance to the age that requires you to move a piston and position the wheels... a lot of people get hung up there not moving it completely into it's proper position.

You'll know when you get to the harvester and you can't see water flowing in from the cliffs on the side or facing the door of the harvester.

Lower the harvester and raise it once or twice and it will definitely reveal the staircase down. You don't need to mess with opening and closing it to fill it with water until after you have foudn the stairwell and opened the drain below.

Sorry to say there is no bug in that part of the game...only user error!!

And the patches only have to do with the spider chair and the monkey puzzle.

Not sure what you are talking about

"If you have found the 3rd water puzzle in Serenia then you must know that there is nothing you can possibly do now with it, you need to link to Haven and find the answer to that puzzle in Haven. Complete Haven and you will get the answer to the 3rd water puzzle in Serenia. Good luck to all here!"

I am unsure what you are talking about. I have finished the other ages.

I see only 2 working water puzzles and one broken water puzzle. I can't get the water to stop flowing in Serenia. I've set the 2 working water puzzles to the correct settings.

What is the third water puzzle that has an answer in Haven??? What are you talking about???