Celeon999's Avatar Senior Member
    Ok i agree these are some very very off topic pics.

Just remembered that i have some pics from my time in the army somewhere.

I just wanted to post two of them first but then i decided to post some more just for fun.

The two pics im talking of are footage of my first contact with some u-boat men. (Really nice guys by the way)

Some of the pics were made with an cellphone so dont expect good quality.

Only 3 of them were actually u-boat men but it was easy to identify them because they were the funniest guys , always a good joke on their lips.

They were part of an honor formation for the greeting of the turkish primeminister Erdogan. The small guy on his side is chancellor Schr├┬Âder.

One of my best friends , Stefan (in the middle) surrounded by americans! Hold on buddy ! I will take them !

We were training them in combat behaviour under ABC conditions.

And boy ! We kicked their @sses ! Really nice guys. I wonder how many of them are in iraq now.

Looking over an MG3 at an control post. (Only training )

"Excuse me, do you have a bomb in your car ?"

Yeah ! give em hell buddy ! There is an invisible helicopter ! Shoot him !

Some training equipment we build for our american comerades.

This little thingy is an marder midget tank, it may look rediculous but its a real tank killer !

Very hard to spot , very hard to hit , fast as hell and equipt with heavy anti-tank missiles (the one on this pic has an light missile launcher).

During an NATO exercise 3 of these little ugly frogs took out an whole tank platoon !

But that doesnt mean that these poor guys that command them are save of someone making jokes on them.

Thats me !

I just wanted to hug the lovely cannon of this Leopard and so some of these guys decided to lift me up.

You cant imagine the laughter. "OPEN FIRE!" "SHOOT HIM TO THE MOON!"

Always read the manual (You and your Panzerfaust ) carefully before you fire your weapon !

An american comerade fires an heavy Panzerfaust.

As you can see he had a little problem holding this thing under control.

With this aim he only would had hit an airplane.

We told him 3 times : "Be aware ! Thats not one of your little anti tank toys made for blowing up 30 year old russian tanks."

"Thats a REAL weapon made for taking out REAL tanks!"

Can happen to anyone.

Some various pics taken during weapons training. They loved our G36 and wanted to trade their old M16 with them.

Zapfenstreich with parade uniforms in W├╝rzburg taken by the u.s comerade with the little aiming problem.

At least he is a good photographer. Im ... well .. im somewhere in the last line.

Fotografieren im Kasernengel├┬Ąnde ist streng verboten! Tse, tse, tse...

Ich wei├č , ich wei├č ....

...sind doch im tiefsten Frieden..... *grummel*

Nice pictures and interesting commentary! Made me grin

Cool pics! Thanks! After all, this is a "General Discussion form".
    Is that an MG3 in the fourth pic? What does it shoot like? Have you shot the MG42? Does it still vibrate like the MG42? I had an opportunity to shoot the MG42 and it felt like I had a weedeater in my hands when ever I fired it, it vibrated so much.

Is that an MG3 in the fourth pic?
    Yep. I never fired an mg42 but i heard that it had a hellish muzzle flash and heavy recoil.

Ok the recoil isnt all to comfortable at MG-3 too but i know that it has been even worse at the mg42

There is still vibration in it and i felt v e r y s h a k e y after firing a few hundred shots with it.

But its definitely a hellish weapon i dont want to get into its firing line ever.

I saw how someone cut a tree in half with a single salvo and if i think about the beginning of "saving private Ryan"

But at last it still looks exactly like the old mg42

God, I love that MG. Best machinegun I ever fired.

Nice...looks like the same tripod the MG42 used as well. Thanks!

Nice post, so many nice toys there ;D

Here in Portugal we have the MG3 too, it's basically a MG42 converted to standard NATO 7.62mm, has a nice punch, but not as hard as the old 7.92 ^^

Nice...looks like the same tripod the MG42 used as well. Thanks!
    There is a good chance that it is an original from WW2 Those supply guys just put a bit new paint on them and throw them into active units.

I saw a warehouse full with such old stuff. 60 years old but never used.

You can also use old mg42 spare parts to repair the mg3

I remember a comerade saying "Heh look here what they gave me for repairing those mg-3"

"they said to me : "dont ask. It fits."

He had some spare parts with the eagle and swastika on it.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last ►►