I'v done some tests with arcade : 1, and it seems like when your wings(closer to tips) gets hit, your engine begins to smoke, not home atm, cant post pictures...

I'v done some tests with arcade : 1, and it seems like when your wings(closer to tips) gets hit, your engine begins to smoke, not home atm, cant post pictures...

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Which weapon did you try? Thats very important.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
    Which weapon did you try? Thats very important. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bf-109 is known to get engine damage from wing hits. If you test offline in Arcade mode which shows arrow hits you will see it's from shell fragments. Do not worry about Cobra. You will sooner run out of fuel then run out of oil

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anarchy52:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

Bf-109 is known to get engine damage from wing hits. If you test offline in Arcade mode which shows arrow hits you will see it's from shell fragments. Do not worry about Cobra. You will sooner run out of fuel then run out of oil </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I've also caued fuel leaks and engine damage by shooting the left side of a bomber and seeing the damage done to the right side (.50cals involved).

There are oddities

The Allisons don't mind running without much oil for a short period of time. The real ones didn't anyways. In this game mileage varries but the P-63C seems to have one of those good ones.

Xiolablu3's Avatar Senior Member
    You coming to UK2 for agame tonight ICefire? (or anyone else)

Im on for a long allnighter session

all I think

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anarchy52:

Bf-109 is known to get engine damage from wing hits. If you test offline in Arcade mode which shows arrow hits you will see <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">it's from shell fragments</span>. Do not worry about Cobra. You will sooner run out of fuel then run out of oil </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what makes it so interesting...those fragments are able to kill the pilot too.(only sim that has this feature?)
    What a pity the DM isnt able to depict the damage where it appears. I´ve read it will be the case in BOB tho.

Bf-109 is known to get engine damage from wing hits. If you test offline in Arcade mode which shows arrow hits you will see it's from shell fragments. Do not worry about Cobra. You will sooner run out of fuel then run out of oil </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you migt want to read my post again