I went to this when I was a kid many times, I just hope they donate or sell the aircraft to other museums. Their pride and joy was a flyable P-51. And all because of money. Soon WWII will be a distant memory.

Here is a link for the story:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...craft%20Museum

It`s shame, really

xTHRUDx's Avatar Senior Member
    what planes were still there? i thought the Seattle Museum of Flight snatched up the whole collection of planes from there anyway.

Truly a sad affair.

So much work and effort going into such a project... and only to fail from a lack of money.
    Truely a Sad Day for many!

Champlin was a great museam, this area will truely miss it.

PBNA-Boosher's Avatar Senior Member
    This is terrible. I hope the planes won't be scrapped. They should put them somewhere where they can be cared for and seen.

wayno7777's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by xTHRUDx:
    what planes were still there? i thought the Seattle Museum of Flight snatched up the whole collection of planes from there anyway.

Yeah, the last I read, a group in Seattle bought most of the Champlin collection.

You can bet if it was a **** football stadium they could find the money.

i beleive he had a large automatic weapons museum to (i think it was them). many of hte planes had already been sent to seatle and placed in a new wing of the museum. you can be sure nothing will be scrapped, as they are all too valuable and seatle museum owns them. They had totally done a new restoration tot the Fw190d.

I saw the B-17F they bought from its late owner, right before they bought it, at the geneseo ny airshow on the cornfield they use to have it at. it was really incredible, but i was disapointed that they wouldnt keep it flying at airshows. there is just no comparison to seeing/photographign those things in action as to being in a building.