I used to play CFS2 before I got the first version of IL2 and never once flew an allied plane and hardly ever flew allied AC. I've noticed that almost every video and alot of posts concentrate more on the allied side. I wonder how many people will fly Japanese planes once the game is released and if so will it be more difficult because the game is aimed more towards the allied side?

Play all sides now in FB, don't see why I wouldn't do the same in PF.

BSS_Goat's Avatar Senior Member
    Probably a anti-Japanese conspiracy. I wouldnt buy it and support this blatant Allied propaganda. We all know the Japanese would have won if the Allies wouldnt have cheated.

IJN for me! I am a bit puzzled about the seeming lack of enthusiasm for Japanese aircraft (and a certain disdain from some in comparing IJ to Allied equipment that I havent seen in Luft vs Allied comments).
    So little information on IJ stuff has found its way to the west that many probably don't realise just how much there is to interest those with a passion for aviation history.

I don't recall much bias in CFS2. I think they may have been cast as the underdogs though.

oh boy, here we go again...

I'll fly anything in Pacific Fighters that can get off the ground. On any side. I bet it'll be fun. I hope for the players on the Japanese side that there aren't too many smart Allied pilots using boom and zoom tactics because... Even A6M5a's online against P-40 M's and E's typically have trouble because most people know now how to fight the Zero effectively; something that did not exist at the beginning of the real World War II for the Allies.

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    ? ?

WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jieitai_Tsunami:
    I used to play CFS2 before I got the first version of IL2 and never once flew an allied plane and hardly ever flew allied AC. I've noticed that almost every video and alot of posts concentrate more on the allied side. I wonder how many people will fly Japanese planes once the game is released and if so will it be more difficult because the game is aimed more towards the allied side? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not a game, games have balance to make them fair but this is a sim, its aimed at reality, not game balance.

The video's showing allied planes is pure marketing. I think sometimes people read into things far to much or read between the lines and find things there that only they can see.

As for posts, thats down to the poster, not Oleg or anyone else.

Cajun76's Avatar Senior Member
    If you're talking about the lack of J voices or passion for WWII aviation around here, it's not J culture to be as loud and in-your-face as most of us are used too. Also, in my experience, the Japanese don't generally take public pride in thier role in WWII. Several generations have grown up now without war, and WWII hasn't been as "glamourized"here as it has in the West. I have a J friend who flew FB for a few minutes when he was visiting, and he want's to try it out more when we have time.

I think the plane list is a little weak for IJ forces, but I feel it will fill out in time. Remember, CFS2 had more US (4) planes than J (2 Zeros and the George) planes as well. I also think there's a latent desire by J players to play a sim like PF. I was once part of a J squad when I flew on Ubi. The CO told me that he knew many of his buddies didn't switch to IL2 and were still playing CFS2 because of the J planes. I think we'll see an influx of J players once PF comes out and they become aware of it. There may already be great anticipation, but I'm not in contact with any J simheads over here at the moment. It would be great if there's a big migration, though. I need to dust off my broken Japanese language "skills".

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    Judging by the "Pacific" servers in FB/AEP rooms at HL, there'll be no shortage of pilots for the Japanese aircraft. I fly whichever side has the GA targets when I fly on Warclouds, which means about half of my time in the War_Clouds_PTO server is in Japanese aircraft.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►