Like the Spitfire pics,somehow I just can't get excited about the trains,no matter how well they are modelled.It will help with the realism,but as most will be flying along at 300+ I think this level of realism for ground objects is unnecessary for quite a few users,and will just bring FPS down.

stathem's Avatar Senior Member

It's Duck!

Originally posted by JG52Uther:
    Like the Spitfire pics,somehow I just can't get excited about the trains,no matter how well they are modelled.It will help with the realism,but as most will be flying along at 300+ I think this level of realism for ground objects is unnecessary for quite a few users,and will just bring FPS down.

I am convinced the extreme level of detail on the ground objects is to allow the SOWBOB game engine to be used for applications other than just a " flight sim ". Film documentries or " dog fights " application. Increasing its market value. The return on investment for "just" a flight sim, is a slim to none margin.

Wow!

Weathering of the aircraft in time. When you entering a career you'll get the new aircraft (or partially used). Then with each flight your aircraft will be in constant changes of conditions... you will see in a sequence of missions. It isn't only about how it looks, but also about performance of aircraft (new and used – are different).
    Now that's cool. That was always a minor gripe of mine with a lot of flight sims, no effects on aircraft performance/appearance over time. I wonder if mission builders will be able to set up random failures?

Haigotron's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by crucislancer:
    Wow!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Weathering of the aircraft in time. When you entering a career you'll get the new aircraft (or partially used). Then with each flight your aircraft will be in constant changes of conditions... you will see in a sequence of missions. It isn't only about how it looks, but also about performance of aircraft (new and used – are different).
    Now that's cool. That was always a minor gripe of mine with a lot of flight sims, no effects on aircraft performance/appearance over time. I wonder if mission builders will be able to set up random failures? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that going to be FX that are applied over the plane's skin OR is it just a series of skins that are created beforehand and swapped as the missions progress?

Haigotron's Avatar Senior Member
    sorry to double post

but does the change of the plane's condition entitle that:

if I overheat the engine early on, there are chances that i damaged the engine and the effects can be felt down the line?

Judging by the detailes of the trains...
    They are going to be flyable!
    That just doesn't sound right does it?

Weathering of the aircraft betwen the missions?
    That sounds very cool. I wonder if the bullets holes will stay on the AC too?

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Wearing out aircraft in time. Is this for Player Plane only?

AI aircraft need wearing out -- at a more simplified level. A good example: You fly Ki-61 in a dynamic campaign or Online War that sees the Japanese side in deep poo by 1944. Do the AI Ki-61s perform perfectly no matter how badly the war goes on your side?

Now, the Player Plane can have more "detailed" wearing out, and all AI aircraft have much more simplified and basic wear modelling. Maybe Oleg is doing something like this. Bravo if So!

They continue to not impress me.

I don't give a rat's *** about trains and railway - I wanna see pics of the engine, weather and all the "magic" stuff they're promising.
    That's what gets me immersion.
    Not some eeny-weeny train where I could count the rivets.
    I want a flight-sim, not a candy-show.

If I wanted trains, I'd have bought M$ Train Simunlator.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►