A_E_D's Avatar Junior Member
    Desmond is a direct descendant of ALtair. He is also a direct descendant of Ezio. Is Ezio a direct descendant of Altair? Keep in mind that it doesn't have to be the case that they are just because they share a common descendant.

I ask because I have always assumed that they were, but my recent 100% sync playthrough of the three main AC games so far have provided NO evidence that Ezio is a direct descendant of Altair. If someone else has found evidence that proves them to be, please comment and provide proper citations.

Also a disclaimer: I have read the forum rules and have used the search function multiple times, but to be honest your search function isn't very useful. Whenever I search for something like "Is Ezio a direct descendant of Altair" every thread that includes the names 'Ezio' or 'Altair' pop up, which is literally every thread on this forum.

Originally posted by A_E_D:
    Desmond is a direct descendant of ALtair. He is also a direct descendant of Ezio. Is Ezio a direct descendant of Altair? Keep in mind that it doesn't have to be the case that they are just because they share a common descendant.

I ask because I have always assumed that they were, but my recent 100% sync playthrough of the three main AC games so far have provided NO evidence that Ezio is a direct descendant of Altair. If someone else has found evidence that proves them to be, please comment and provide proper citations.

Also a disclaimer: I have read the forum rules and have used the search function multiple times, but to be honest your search function isn't very useful. Whenever I search for something like "Is Ezio a direct descendant of Altair" every thread that includes the names 'Ezio' or 'Altair' pop up, which is literally every thread on this forum.
    Of course Ezio is direct from Altair. Consider it this way.

Desmond:
    Direct to first Altair (1191) then Ezio (1500).

Altair (1200) has a child

That child to (approx) 1260 (in meantime has child)

That child to 1320 (approx) (in meantime has child)

Etc etc until Ezio is born, continue trend to Desmond.

There is no way Desmond can be a DIRECT descendant to both Altair AND Ezio without having Ezio be a direct descendant to Altair.

Originally posted by medcsu11:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A_E_D:

Of course Ezio is direct from Altair. Consider it this way.

Desmond:
    Direct to first Altair (1191) then Ezio (1500).

Altair (1200) has a child

That child to (approx) 1260 (in meantime has child)

That child to 1320 (approx) (in meantime has child)

Etc etc until Ezio is born, continue trend to Desmond.

There is no way Desmond can be a DIRECT descendant to both Altair AND Ezio without having Ezio be a direct descendant to Altair </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    the part in bold is copleteley and utterly false. I will give you an example:

-your maternal grandfather
    -you father

you are a direct descendant of each and they have zero blood relation to each other

for the next person who comments on this, if to answer my question please provide evidence

iN3krO's Avatar Banned
    I don't think Sofia Sorto (or how she's named) is the direct descendent of Altair or we would already have heard about her in the previous game... also, Ezio got a face similar to the Altair's One

Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
    I don't think Sofia Sorto (or how she's named) is the direct descendent of Altair or we would already have heard about her in the previous game... also, Ezio got a face similar to the Altair's One
    Sofia Sorto doesn't have to be a direct descendant of Altair (assuming she's the one who gives birth to Ezio's child who is Desmond's ancestor) for Desmond to be a direct ancestor of Ezio, if that is what you mean. And the face is not proof.

iN3krO's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by A_E_D:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
    Sofia Sorto doesn't have to be a direct descendant of Altair (assuming she's the one who gives birth to Ezio's child who is Desmond's ancestor) for Desmond to be a direct ancestor of Ezio, if that is what you mean. And the face is not proof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If ezio isn't direct descendent of altair and sofia sorto either, how would desmond be direct descendent of altair?

Apart from the obvious fact that they look identical... (Yes Identical - their facial features are Exactly the same model of francisco randez) Which would be too much of a coincidence if they were not directly related, and both have the unique Eagle Vision/Sense that is possibly related to a shared bloodline with TWCB - there is also direct evidence in AC2 that Ezio is decended from Altair.

In the Auditore Crypt in Monterigionni, the story of Domenico Auditore (Ezio's Great Grandfather) is recorded on the walls.

It is explicitly stated that Domenico's Father reveals to him that he is an assassin and is decended from Altair.

I also recall Mario telling Ezio that their family are directly related to Altair when they first discuss the codex and he takes Ezio to the Sanctuary.

Therefore Ezio being directly related to his Grandfather, must be directly related to Altair. To be honest I never thought it was a question that needed to be asked

albertwesker22's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by scope2005:
    Apart from the obvious fact that they look identical... Which would be too much of a coincidence if they were not, and have the unique Eagle Vision/Sense that is possibly related to a shared bloodline with TWCB - there is direct evidence in AC2 that Ezio is decended from Altair.

In the Auditore Crypt in Monterigionni, the story of Domenico Auditore (Ezio's Great Grandfather) is recorded on the walls.

It is explicitly stated that Domenico's Father reveals to him that he is an assassin and is decended from Altair.

I also recall Mario telling Ezio that thier family are directly related to Altair when they first discuss the codex and he takes Ezio to the Sanctuary.

Therefore Ezio being directly related to his Grandfather, must be related to Altair. To be honest I never thought it was a question that needed to be asked
    Ezio does not know that he is decended from Altair. He is never told in the game, Mario only tells him that Altair wrote the Codex, so Mario also had no idea(Speculation on my part)

I'm guessing Ezio will find out Altair is his ancestor, when he goes to Masyaf.

Calvarok's Avatar Senior Member
    The evidence that we have is that the games are ABOUT moving between direct desendants, and no matter if it would be possible for Ezio to not be one, he WILL be. Sure, it's convenient, but a lot of things in AC are convenient.

Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A_E_D:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
    Sofia Sorto doesn't have to be a direct descendant of Altair (assuming she's the one who gives birth to Ezio's child who is Desmond's ancestor) for Desmond to be a direct ancestor of Ezio, if that is what you mean. And the face is not proof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If ezio isn't direct descendent of altair and sofia sorto either, how would desmond be direct descendent of altair? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You need to study how family trees and lineages work my friend.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►