When I first built my pc about 6-8 months ago, it played just fine, but I just picked up the game again and now it says my Graphics driver is incompatible.

I am using a computer with Windows 7 32-bit, and my graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD5770. It says in the config utility when I start the game that the graphics card is compatible, but not the graphics driver. Do I need an older driver, and if so, how do I go about it when ATI automatically searches for the most up-to-date driver? This is a learning experience for me.

When I first built my pc about 6-8 months ago, it played just fine, but I just picked up the game again and now it says my Graphics driver is incompatible.

I am using a computer with Windows 7 32-bit, and my graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD5770. It says in the config utility when I start the game that the graphics card is compatible, but not the graphics driver. Do I need an older driver, and if so, how do I go about it when ATI automatically searches for the most up-to-date driver? This is a learning experience for me.

Welcome to the Forums!

In general,
    1. Install Revelation to your C: drive.
    -- a. Be certain that Revelation saves its game progress files to your C: drive.
    -- b. If you have a very small C: that's reserved for system files only, install Revelation to D:. Be certain that Revelation saves its game progress files to D:.
    -- c. Do NOT install the game to an external drive, either USB or E-SATA.
    2. Start Revelation from a fresh boot.
    -- a. Reboot, log into Windows with **full Administrator privileges** (NOT into a Limited User or Power User account), and close all open applications.
    -- b. Disable all anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs running in the background.
    ----- 1. Do NOT forget to re-enable your anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs after finished playing Revelation.
    -- c. If you have only a software firewall, do NOT disable it.
    -- d. Do NOT run any other programs before starting Revelation.
    3. Never boot up with a CD or DVD in any disc drive.
    4. If the Revelation disc autostarts when inserted into the drive, cancel back to the Desktop.
    5. Always start Revelation with the Desktop shortcut/start icon, NOT from the DVD menu.

Always start Revelation by doing steps 2 through 5, above.

As a personal preference, I NEVER allow anything to automatically install updates - drivers, programs, etc.! My own unfortunate experiences and those of the folks for whom I consult have been that said automatic updates all too often do more harm than good. (And BTW, this includes those wonderful automatic Windows updates. With any due respect to M$!)

Drivers may not be your only problem. Please post a DxDiag report in this topic, so that we can take a look at your system and make recommendations.
    1. To start the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (DxDiag):
    -- a. Click on Start > Run, type dxdiag in the box, and click on OK.
    -- b. Or, click on the blue Windows "orb and logo" at the lower left corner of the screen (on the bottom taskbar), type dxdiag in the Search box, and then press Enter.
    2. Let the blue bar in the lower left corner of the Dxdiag window finish crawling and disappear.
    3. Click on the Save All Information button.
    4. Close the DxDiag utility. Now you have a DxDiag.txt file on your Desktop, or in the location where you saved it.
    5. Copy *ALL* of the contents of this file to the Windows Clipboard.
    -- a. Double-click on the file to open it.
    -- b. Right-click anywhere in the text, then click on Select All in the resulting menu.
    -- c. Right-click on the highlighted text, then click on Copy in the resulting menu.
    6. Paste the contents of the file from the Clipboard into a new post in this topic.
    -- a. Click on the yellow Reply arrow in the lower right corner of the screen.
    -- b. With the mouse cursor at the upper left corner of the Quick Reply to: box, type in any additional late-breaking details that might help diagnose the problem. Please!
    -- c. Position the mouse cursor at the left margin and two lines down from any additional details, then right-click. (Press Enter to add a line.)
    -- d. Click on Paste in the resulting menu.
    -- e. Click on Post Now.

If the manufacturer and exact model number of your new motherboard aren't shown under 'System Information' (System Manufacturer and System Model) at the top of the DxDiag report, also include that information in your post.

Heimdall
    Semper ubi sub ubi

Thanks for a speedy reply, I wasn't sure when to expect one!

I finally figured out the problem just a few minutes ago, and it was partially stupidity on my end. I downloaded an older driver for my radeon hd5770, and I figured out that there was a security measure that I had installed in the time since I first played myst 4, as per reccomendation from a friend. Something called a "sandbox". My computer defaulted it's settings to play any and all games inside the sandbox. I changed the settings so as to open the game normally (outside the sandbox) and it played perfectly.

I will take your advice about the drivers though, I turned off any and all automatic updates. Thanks!

I'm glad you found the problem!

Now that you've turned off automatic updating, don't forget to manually check for updates on a regular basis. A good way to remember is to create a list of your most-used programs and drivers for easy reference. While many programs will notify you when opened that the program itself requires updating, this isn't usually the case with drivers. And especially with drivers, be certain to read and carefully follow the installation instructions.