Hi Guys!

I can't tell any difference with 4.07 than 4.04. Here is what I did. I have both games on my computer. I put 1946 on my F drive and PF on C drive. I pasted shortcuts to both on desktop. I asked my wife to start one game and get the F4U setup for me. I did this for both games and could not tell a difference. I used the same stick settings for both.

However, then I used default settings for 1946. Then I could tell a difference between the "overcontrolling" in 4.04 causing more wobble.

The wobble is still there in 1946, I just think its better controled with the new stick model!!???

Make sense?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Did I mention we need the "Slot" map for us PTO flyers?

chris455's Avatar Senior Member
    There is absolutely a world of difference, Hawk.

Because I fly the Jug 90% of the time, I was almost at my wits end with the enormous wobble of the P-47 in pre 4.07 versions. Now, she is steady as a rock and I feel this one factor alone has increased the deadliness of the Jugs' armamant to a significant degree. As an example, I can now routinely defeat the AI in head to head engagemnts (often the only way to get nose position on an enemy in the P-47 in a 1v1 scenario) whereas before, I could not stabilize quickly enough to make sure all eight .50s were connecting.

Now, it's a breeze.

Bravo, Oleg!

Now if we could just work on that engine damage
    model...........................
    Happy New Year to all
    Chris<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"If I can't have my P-47, you can take back my whole WWII"- anon

"..........in this game, even the P-47 isn't a P-47."- Fordfan

"It is not entirely advisable to execute turns in the P-47 in the presence of hostile aircraft" - unknown USAAF fighter pilot.

Well son of a !@#$%.....maybe I'll rest and then try again..lol

I never did try a dogfight.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes, now I can really see the difference. I made a recording in another thread.

Maybe I should have said that I was referring to the nose wobble in general.

I can also, now, tell a big difference when firing the guns. In the video my gunnery still needs some practice but at least I am closer now. Although I must admit this Zeke should have been all over me. It was IA on Ace mode! It still took a mean punch before it augured.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310...451075915#24510759 15<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

I won't fly 4.04 (I didn't do the 4.05 thing)
    because of the much improve stick qualities in 4.07.
    For heaven's sake... please do not change them in any new patch/ upgrade.
    If AI could learn to be affected by wind/ turbulance, that would make me happy<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Hawk- I deduce by your sig you're a "Navy man", probably more into the Navy birds- but just for fun, strap on a P-38 (any model) in 4.07 and go H2H with an AI aircraft set on ace. The steadiness of the P-38 as a gun platform, coupled with the concentration of firepower in the nose, makes you feel almost as if you're cheating. Done correctly, nothing else stands a chance. I'm lovin it.
    And Te Vigo, estoy de accuerdo. I hope they don't change a thing when they release 4.08

Cheers,
    Chris<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"It is not entirely advisable to execute turns in the P-47 in the presence of hostile aircraft" - unknown USAAF fighter pilot.

4.08? Imust be behind on reading. I thought 4.071m was the last!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Oh yeah, after double checking....not that I really needed to, the wobbly F4U FM stuff is still there....just the recoil is gone. The new stick model has made the wobble playable for me. Now this is for the F4U, I just dont fly much anything else. I'm not complaining folks....believe it or not, just stating the facts from my end! I am glad I can play the game again after being away for a year...or at least...what was it, patch 4.01?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

I don't think anything specific was changed in any of the mentioned planes. Such 1-plane fixes are probably just placebo.

In general, the whole game got less jerky and bouncy in '46. Same with the gun jitter being reduced, not just on those planes, but all. Even Spitfire is steady while firing.

You are certainly right, Fritz.
    I didn't mean to imply that the improvements were peculiar to the P-47, just that, because of how "wobbly" the P-47 was prior to 4.07, it has benefitted immensely from the changes.
    Happy New Year to all-<div class="ev_tpc_signature">