View Poll Results: what do you think of it?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • excelent

4 28.57%
  • good

3 21.43%
  • ok

3 21.43%
  • terrible

4 28.57%
    i was thinking about getting theatre of war, it is a ww2 ground combat simulater made by the same company as the il2 series.

Do you have to make a poll out of every topic you start?

bazzaah2's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd save your money till after it's been patched a few times - potential is there though.

I found the demo to be extremely frustrating and hard to beat, and I liked the graphics. That's as far as I can comment on it.

Xiolablu3's Avatar Senior Member
    Not played it but it looks good.

I believe Leitmotiv has played it a lot and loves it.

He would be the best person to ask about it.

leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    Haven't played it enough to give a valid rec. Have played it enough to be crazy about it. I like it that you can fool around with the camera to give yourself the POV of a battalion or company commander standing on the ground or standing in a tank and command the battle with only as much info as he gets from his subordinates and as he sees from his POV. To me this forgives a lot. I like to fight with limited intelligence. I also like 1940 French stuff.

Originally posted by Skunk_438RCAF:
    Do you have to make a poll out of every topic you start?
    Of course he does.

To clarify, it is published by 1C in Russia. The game has nothing to do with the makers of IL-2.

Thank God for that. The demo is choppy, control and view system is hard to use, and it crashes a lot. I hope it gets fixed up to something playable.

They have a patch in the works and another campaign. I still have fun playing it as is. It has the potential to be very good when issues are adressed. The company seems involved. Some issues include making AT guns less visable, waypoints for vehicles, and LOS issues.

M_Gunz's Avatar Banned
    I hope that when I upgrade for SOW that TOW will also run well on that machine.
    Until then, my current PC would not let me judge it at all.

If it is good running and subject of game I like, I support such effort as I am able.

Matt-whatever, is this the first thread you made so much on topic of this forum?
    I'd set up a poll within this thread but I can't!