I saw in some video ( I think the Monteferrat or something) That Altair used a guy as a human shield against an archer, would their possibly be a tactic that allowed you to kind of drag along a guy while you push your way towards archers?

i think its a timing thing/ling of sight

It was just a coincidence that when Altair grabbed the guard to push him, he happened to block an arrow. It is not a feature in the game to carry people around with you, I don't think.

It could be possible though for you to grab the NPC and then press the button again to throw him; so if you were to grab you would be able to hold onto the NPC until you pressed the button again?

Just a thought

I think avsrule is right, it was just a coincedence.

Toyotama's Avatar Member
    Look in the mirro-- GAAAH-- Oh, it\'s just your face.
    Well, maybe a half-coincidence that he was grabbing the guy when the sentry was aiming at him, I suppose he was going to push him away but noticed the other guy and thought holding him there was to his advantage.

Originally posted by avsrule247:
    It was just a coincidence that when Altair grabbed the guard to push him, he happened to block an arrow. It is not a feature in the game to carry people around with you, I don't think.
    i dunno dude, it kind of looked like he held him until the arrow hit em.. then let him go

I think you can grab him and then aim the way your gonna throw him and then throw him. so i guess if you stay in one spot you got a living sheild . yay meat sheild

Coincedence.
    He didnt hold him for longer. Everytime someone did this move, the NPC is held for a fraction of a sec before being pushed away. He didnt hold him longer in this one.

Also, you cant hold someone then wait a while and press another button to throw them. I dunno about you but if someone was holding me by my shirt, I wouldnt wait for him to throw me.

Or maybe... the guard and the archer were in a fight themselves. The archer was actually TRYING to hit the other guard with an arrow.

Think about that...

Edit: P.S. Comments on that particular video and the human shield situation are being discussed in this thread IGN PREVIEW THREAD.